PDA

View Full Version : Train Table Question

Raidra
09-16-2004, 04:16 PM
This is probably going to sound really stupid, but..

Do you attach the train tracks to the train table? All of the train tables I've seen while out have got the tracks screwed in or glued to the table. Do you do that with yours, or do you leave them loose?

I'm just wondering because Colwyn loves to play with the train tables, but I imagine it would be much more difficult for him if the tracks weren't attached. I'm not in a rush to get him a train table.. just thinking ahead. :)

NEVE and TRISTAN
09-16-2004, 05:04 PM
OH NO I think you'd leave them loose...they probably do that since they are at the store etc...
Ours are loose and I don't think he'd let me do it anyother way :)

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 IT'S A GIRL
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine 1/05

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

JacksMommy
09-16-2004, 05:21 PM
I'm pretty sure that stores attach the tracks to the train table to prevent kids from messing them up - that way the clerks don't have to be constantly fixing the track setup.

I think the beauty of the train systems is that they inspire creativity and imagination in kids and are truly a toy that grows with your child - part of that is dreaming up the track configurations and putting them together.

So no, I wouldn't at all recommend attaching them to the train table. You don't even need the table necessarily (although it is nice for continaing the mess and keeping prized track configurations from getting stepped on). My DS happily plays on the floor with his tracks. Once they are in a closed configuration, they stay together pretty well on their own.

HTH,

Laurel
Working Mama to Jack, 6/4/02
EDD #2 12/24/02

Play Pen
09-16-2004, 10:17 PM
Laurel is correct. Letting the children be creative witht he tracks is half the fun. We attach them to the tabels in the store to keep maintenece down.