PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen, used or even heard of Aprica Bed & Breakfast

kcampo
09-19-2004, 10:09 PM
Ok, here's the deal. I'm expecting baby #3, so you'd think by now I've got it all, been there done that. Well, I was just surfing & saw Aprica's Bed & Breakfast. This is a high chair that converts to a basinette. It is not to be found in BB 5.1. I've already got a decent high chair/swing, the now discontinued Fisher Price Swing N Meals. I hated it for my 1st child, great product, wrong house since kitchen & family room weren't connected. LOVE IT now that we have connected kitchen family room. In fact baby #2 is 16 months & still uses the swing feature. However, I had been thinking about getting a basinete which I planed to keep downstairs as well as a swing (maybe small portable) for upstairs. This new product has me wondering if I just buy this I won't need another swing as I'll just use the swing N meals upstairs. This is slightly pricey at nearly $400, but I was going to spend nearly that amount on a basinett, sheets & swing. It's the last child and we don't need any other gear. Is it worth the money? Has anyone used this in real life? Once you start using it as a high chair, does it clean up easily? The pad looks like fabric, can it be removed & machine washed. Any comments would be helpful. Although I live in the greater SF bay area, I'm pretty far away from any stores that might carry this. I don't want to venture that far out (remember I have 2 boys) unless it is worth the trouble. TIA!!!

HoneymoonBaby
11-04-2004, 11:32 AM
www.arunningstroller.com has this on clearance for $195. I think it is astonishingly overpriced even at $200, but $200 is a lot better than the $500 they are charging elsewhere. It's very cool, and if it were $200 to begin with, I'd have bought one, but Ian is past bassinet age and I won't spend $200 on just a high chair.