PDA

View Full Version : 2 kids 2 monitors?

vikivoly
09-20-2004, 07:53 PM
When did you quit using a monitor for your toddler? DD is almost 22 months and #2 will be here in a week or two. Should I get another monitor? I don't feel comfortable without one for my toddler, especially since we are still in process of the crib to bed transition. If so, do I need to worry about interference? If I buy the same monitor, will the receiver units be interchangeable. I currently have the FP Sounds and Lights 900 mhz monitor.

aguinn
09-20-2004, 10:51 PM
ETA: i can't tell you when to stop using your monitor - i'll probably leave ours in DS's room until he's in high school!!! lol

i took my monitor when DS and i went to visit his godmother. she has 2 DS's of her own, but their rooms were not near where we were sleeping and i wanted to be sure to hear my DS in case there were any problems sleeping in a new place. i have the sony baby call 27 channel. she has either the safety first or first years (i know "first" is in there somewhere, but can't remember exactly), but her's is the older model (her older DS is 2.5 yrs). our two systems worked well together, and there was no interference.

hth!
;)amy
proud momma to DS

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030729/1/5/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif Weaned @ 13 months

mmaimp
09-20-2004, 11:20 PM
I have the same dilemma. In the TRU baby sale circular there was a multi-room monitor that interested me. It has 3 transmitters and 2 receivers. DS will be about 22 months when the new one arrives and I would still like to have a monitor in his room. We also use a bassinet in the master bedroom plus there would be one for the nursery.

This is the monitor http://tinyurl.com/66o8w it has mixed reviews on Amazon. I think it’s expensive but there are not many choices out there! Maybe another bbb member has some experience with this monitor or using multiple monitors.

HTH

Karenn
09-20-2004, 11:51 PM
I bought a second monitor. We have the video monitor which is 2.4 ghz and then I bought a 900mhz sony baby call for the baby's room. I tested them out to make sure they don't interfere and they don't. I've heard that they might interfere if they were the same mhz/ghz, but I don't know that from experience.

MorganMom
09-21-2004, 12:25 AM
DS will be 2.5 when this baby comes along and even tho DS is already in a big boy bed, we left the monitor in his room & bought anohter monitor for the baby. We co-sleep so having the monitors is more for naptime or middle of the night wake ups.

Julierc
10-02-2004, 07:15 PM
Hey Vicki,

We have the same FP monitor as you and are on the same quest to find a second one that doesn't interfere. After buying and returning 2 monitors (a Safety 1st and 1st years) here is one we found that works in our house: Graco Ultra Clear 2-Channel Monitor (with Advanced Phone Technology). It was about $45 at Buy Buy Baby and it is working well alongside the FP. We tried the receivers plugged into the same outlet and sitting right next to each other and there is no interference.

Hope this reaches you in time to help! We just got it today.

Julie
Isabelle's mom
DS expected 12/04

houseof3boys
10-02-2004, 07:36 PM
I was going to post the same question. We use a video monitor with DS now and I can't imagine giving it up especially since he is moving to a big boy bed in 3 months. :) We'll want a video monitor in the baby's room too!

sbirmantaz
10-03-2004, 10:13 PM
We have the new multi-room monitor and it is working well for us. My dd's are 2 and 10 months and I also have a video monitor and they do not interfere. I really like the multi-room monitor except for 2 things: 1) price 2) When it scans the monitors so you can hear both kids, it also has to scan the 3rd one, which we currently don't need...
Pro's are no static between 2 different monitors, and having a third unit has been convenient to move around to different rooms, during naps (especially if dd falls asleep in her stroller outside I just move the monitor out there so I can hear her). HTH

Chelsey333
10-04-2004, 07:59 AM
I keep the FP sounds and lights in my 2 year old's room and I keep a video monitor in the baby's room. I love having 2 monitors. I am able to hear my 2 yr old better if he starts to cry - then I can get him before he wakes the baby. Especially in those early bed transition days. My ds was crying once and he was stuck between the bed and the bed rail. I have no problem with interference. In fact, I used to keep 2 monitors in one room. Sometimes I like to keep the video upstairs in my room to view during the day and keep the Sounds n lights downstairs while baby is napping. I don't think the same monitor will work, that might give you interference. Even if there is no interference, that would be kind of confusing. Not a big deal, but it would be easier to know which one you need to turn on.