PDA

View Full Version : any train tables that are the same size at Thomas train table???

cchavez
09-22-2004, 03:15 PM
I don't want to have to pay the Thomas train table price. My neighbor bought the Target train table and then decided to upgrade her son's Thomas set and she purchased the roundhouse which did not fit very well on the Target table so then she bought him the Thomas table. I don't think want to pay that much money??? Any other alternatives since the other tables are so short? My FIL is a great craftsman I wonder if he could make us one....but I would rather buy something premade. TIA!

LBW
09-22-2004, 03:28 PM
The Nilo table is the same size -- or maybe slightly larger -- and it's about $150.

Momof3Labs
09-22-2004, 03:36 PM
TRU has an Imaginarium table for about $80-90, I think.

We have a Battat table from Marshall's that was $79 and is the same size as the Thomas table.

Keep in mind that any of these tables can get crowded fast - and the Roundhouse takes up a huge amount of space!! How did the roundhouse not fit on the Target table - can you find out the measurements of both tables from her?

egoldber
09-22-2004, 03:46 PM
There are several Target tables. Some are definitely smaller than a "standard" Brio/Thomas/Nilo table. I also have a Battat table that we got at Target last year for $50, and it is the same size as the Thomas ones.

But I definitely agree with Lori that the tables get crowded really quickly no matter what size they are!