PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a vinyl high chair cover?

whittyanne
09-24-2004, 10:45 AM
I have the Baby Trend high chair. I got it thinking slipping the cloth cover off weekly to wash it wouldn't be a big deal... which isn't, except that all the wear and tear of washing it is causing it to fall apart.

Does anyone know where I can find a vinyl seat/cover? I found one on Amazon.com but haven't been able to find a good one anywhere else. Any recommendations?

Vajrastorm
09-24-2004, 02:49 PM
I can't answer your question, but I *hated* my BT chair because of the fabric. I'm selling it to a friend for cheap.

whittyanne
09-24-2004, 03:25 PM
I hate it too but my husband would kill me if I went and got another high chair. I wish I had gotten the Prima Pappa...

kitmama
09-25-2004, 02:35 PM
I like our BT high chair, but you're right- the cover is a problem. I don't mind washing it (which is why I went ahead and got it), but I was disappointed at how quicly it faded. I've been thinking about putting a pillowcase or something over it while he eats, then removing it when mealtime is over.

I've also considered asking my MIL (she sews) if she thinks she could make me a cover. Another possibility is taking the cover off for mealtime and letting ds sit on the blue vinyl pad. . . but threading the straps through the cover all the time would be a pain I think.

It's a shame this is such a problem- otherwise, it's such a GREAT chair! I liked it so much more than the FP Healthy Care. If only BT would make the cover so that it doesn't fade or wear out so quickly, (and even make it machine dryable?) this would be the perfect high chair IMO.

Jajsmom
09-25-2004, 03:38 PM
Did you call BT and tell them about the fading or wearing? Maybe they'll send a replacement cover. I just bought the BT in the Palm Tree pattern but was thinking of returning it because of the fabric seat.

whittyanne
09-25-2004, 03:58 PM
I haven't called Baby Trend. That's not a bad idea -- maybe I will call them. I bought the high chair because it had a good rating in the BB book... I don't know, maybe we have a rough washing machine or something. (I always wash it on delicate though - and let it line dry.)

Here is the high chair pad I found on Amazon - I might just go ahead and order it and hope it fits:
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00006967U.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Rikkele
09-26-2004, 12:24 PM
I have the BT chair too but have not started using yet so I was a little bummed to hear about this problem. However, in the BB Book it says "realizing this mistake, Baby Trend now offers a white vinyl pad that fits over the cloth pad for $21.75 (including shipping; mail order only). You could call BT to see if you can order from them. I will look into it too and let you know if I find anything.

whittyanne
09-26-2004, 04:18 PM
Well I ended up ordering the one from Amazon. Some of the comments mentioned people who had the BT high chair and said it fit. It was a comparable price to the BT one, so I'll let you know how it works out.