PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Weebles!

amp
09-24-2004, 03:11 PM
I just saw a commercial for Weebles! You have to remember "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down!" I guess Playskool just updated them. Everything seems to be new again these days!

bluej
09-24-2004, 04:10 PM
LOL! I remember my little sister's Weeble tree house and all of her weebles. I would sneak in to her room and play with her toys when she would have to run errands with my mother. I would also play with all of her miniature Strawberry Shortcake dolls!

houseof3boys
09-24-2004, 04:57 PM
I know!!! I saw the commercial a few days ago. They look *really* different from what I remember though.

Very retro. :)

rrosen
09-24-2004, 06:14 PM
I was giddy when I saw them. Of course I will be dating myself when I say that my weebles were the egg shaped kind. They had a redesign when I was older and then a new design now. I loved weebles! Weebles, colorforms,lite bright, and shrinky dinks were my favorite. Amazing how many (or all?) of those are around today.

murpheyblue
09-24-2004, 07:14 PM
I saw them at Target last weekend!

kensjen
09-24-2004, 08:34 PM
LOL! Yes, I remember them too. And yes, they were the egg-shaped ones, probably small enough to swallow. They are much bigger now, and bright colored. They have been out for awhile, I remember seeing them at Walmart or somewhere when I was birthday shopping for DS.

I had the weebles haunted house as a kid, remember that? The ghost weeble glowed in the dark!! Whoa, that was big in the 70's!!

Twin Mom
09-24-2004, 11:11 PM
I saw a weebles set today at Sam's in case anyone is interested.

megulis
09-25-2004, 12:40 AM
Just a clueless onlooker, what are weebles?!

pritchettzoo
09-25-2004, 01:04 AM
New Weebles:
http://images.hasbro.com/common/images/products/06834aa7529_Main200.jpg

Old Weebles (the ones I had as a child):
http://personal.cfw.com/~woofter/weebles.jpg

I was excited when I heard the jingle, but the new ones aren't as cute as I expected. Looking back on the old ones, they aren't as cute as I remembered. Now if only someone would bring back the little mermaid dolls with the long hair that were so fun to play with in the bathtub...

Anna

megulis
09-25-2004, 02:34 PM
I like the way the old ones look better... You are right; neither look that cute.

JLiebCamm
09-26-2004, 12:05 AM
I miss the old ones! Darn those choking hazards anyways....

tippy
09-26-2004, 03:54 AM
Weebles Wobble but the don't fall down! OK, does anybody remember the "chrisy doll"? She had hair that you pulled out of the top of her head so it would go from short to long? I loved that doll until my sister gave her a "haircut". I loved lightbright and colorforms too! What about that big punchbag thing that was like a giant weeble?

HelenD
09-27-2004, 11:48 AM
DH got DD some for our vacation last week. He got the bus.

DD gives Weebles two waving hands up. The music button was easy for her to figure out, and she totally digs putting a weeble in the top of the bus and having it slide out the side door.

Helen