PDA

View Full Version : Which Thomas Sets?

Raidra
09-26-2004, 09:08 PM
Hi there -

Well, I hadn't been planning on buying Colwyn a train table until at least Christmas, but I saw one at a yardsale and got it for $30. It's bigger than most other train tables, and I coudln't pass up the good deal.

My mom got Colwyn a few Thomas sets for Christmas last year (yes, when he was 2 months old), so we set them up today. We have the Water Tower, Engine Wash, Circus Train, and a small hill expansion set.

What sets do you recommend? Colwyn loves playing with them, but obviously can't do most of the stuff.

Also.. are Thomas and the Brio sets compatible? I thought I remembered reading that here..

Thanks!

Momof3Labs
09-26-2004, 09:26 PM
The Figure 8 sets are nice - not too simple and not to complicated. There are two expansion sets for the figure 8 sets, though any of the track (Brio or Thomas) will work - the designated expansion sets include instructions for a layout that fits on a standard train table, so that is an advantage to some.

Good deal on the train table!!

egoldber
09-26-2004, 09:29 PM
That sounds like a lot to me! We have way less than that and DD is perfectly happy. In fact, you might think about taking away some of that stuff and pulling it out again later. I don't know how many cars come with those sets, but DD loves having lots of cars. She likes to make really long trains. Also, she adores the battery-powered Thomas we got her for her birthday. She loves to watch the cars go round and round.

And yes, Thomas and Brio are fully compatible. Also Target sells wooden railway sets that are compatible as well. Thats a good way to get more track cheaply.

HTH,