PDA

View Full Version : Wooden swingsets- Rainbow vs Creative Playthings

jillkatz
09-27-2004, 12:13 AM
I'm buying a wooden swingset and am looking at Creative Playthings and Rainbow Systems. Rainbow Systems is better quality but the price difference is steep. Does anyone know anything about Creative Playthings or have any positive or negative experiences to share?

ginamlee
09-27-2004, 12:17 AM
We have a Rainbow set and the kids think it is awesome. Here's a hint: Initiate an ongoing search for he word "rainbow" in the outdoor play section of eBay. Limit it to your area, which would allow you to pick up the set. We got a practically new Rainbow set for a small fraction of retail by buying in this manner.

AngelaS
09-27-2004, 07:34 AM
The people I nannied for had a Creative Playthings one and when it was time for us to buy one, we went with Cedarworks. I know that wasn't one of your choices, but the internal climbing platforms really sold it to me! :D

The CP one's paint chipped off, the playhouse part was HIGH in the air and the ends were completely open. That's also why I chose a CW over Rainbow.

(I truly don't work for Cedarworks... LOL)

parkersmama
09-30-2004, 01:16 AM
Our friend has a Rainbow that we LOVE. But, sadly, there's not a local dealer for them so we went with one from Woodplay which we've been very happy with! http://www.woodplay.com/index.html