PDA

View Full Version : table toppers

supercalifragilous
09-27-2004, 02:50 PM
Anyone know the cheapest place to get these? I really love our Tiny Diner but I'd love to keep a box of these in the car when we forget. DD has learned how to unsuction the Tiny Diner from the table. *sigh*

Marisa6826
09-27-2004, 03:12 PM
I'd buy one pack from where every you see them (I think I got them at BRU) and first check how your DD is with them.

They NEVER worked for us as Sophie would just rip it off the table as soon as I put it in.

A HUGE waste for us. I think I paid less than $5 for the pack though.

We've now resorted to just carrying Clorox wipes with us. If the table doesn't have one of those little paper placemats, I just wipe it down and let it dry.

-m

cinrein
09-27-2004, 03:56 PM
Baby Depot has some made by Fisher Price that come in a bright blue case like a wipes case. They were the cheapest I ever saw. They also carry the Sesame Street/Blues Clues toppers. If I remember right, the price was not much different at BD, TRU, and Target.

BTW, these work well for us. Great to keep in the diaper bag for when you end up eating somewhere that seems just too gross.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

Twin Mom
09-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Someone had posted a while back that she was just using Glad Press n Seal wrap on tables instead of table toppers. I thought this was a great idea and I would guess it would be much cheaper. Just pull off what you need and stick it on the table. If you have a big diaper bag you might be able to fit the box in, otherwise maybe you could rip off a sheet right before you went into the restaurant and then stick it on the table right away.

I wish I had thought of this when I was still using table toppers but I don't bother anymore since my kids keep *most* of their food on the plate these days! My kids did try to pull these off as they did the Tiny Diner as well.

When I was using table toppers they were pretty much the same price everywhere I checked ($8.99 for 20) so if you find them cheaper pick up a few.

HTH.

TaChapm
09-29-2004, 11:39 AM
Yes...the glad press and seal works just the same and is soooo much cheaper. I love it!
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

http://lilypie.com/baby2/021110/1/5/1/-6/.png

amp
09-29-2004, 03:29 PM
We use them and have bought them at both BRU and Target. I don't think the price was much different.

supercalifragilous
09-29-2004, 03:51 PM
Wow - thanks for the feedback! I've never seen a Table Topper IRL so I wasn't sure how "sticky" they were.

I tried testing out the Press N Seal wrap on our oak table @ home but it just wouldn't stick, no matter how hard I pushed. So am I correct in assuming that the Table Topper has the same amount of "stickiness"???? I guess I thought since it was more expensive that it would be stickier...

JElaineB
09-29-2004, 04:00 PM
The table toppers I have used (Sesame Street I think) are very sticky. There was adhesive tape all around the edges, you peel off the layer covering the tape then stick it down on the table, pressing the edges. They really stuck to the table very well we had good luck with them when we used them (also used the Tiny Diner successfully, now we just keep the food on plates).

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02