PDA

View Full Version : Kidcraft Train Table for $135

brubeck
09-27-2004, 05:36 PM
I found this at www.playfulrooms.com. They do not charge shipping and they are advertising a 5% off code on their website. Price of $142 - 5% = $135. It comes in white or natural.

FYI, this is the table without the trundle drawers. If you want the drawers too then it is $236 - 5% = $224. For that price difference I'm going to buy some plastic bins at Target.

Thatchermom
09-27-2004, 07:38 PM
Thought you should know - this is the exact table that Costco is carrying right now (in Natural only) with the trundles and a zillion pieces for $119. The only piece in this photo not included is the small tower with the yellow biplane, a Thomas piece. The rest is part of the $119 set. For only another $20 you can get the set in the second picture at Target and be only $5 over the price for just the table at playfulrooms. And yes, the sets are all compatible. The third picture is all three brands of track. The hill piece on the right is Brio, the ascending piece is Target/Little Tree, and the curves underneath are Kidcraft from Costco. Color is the only difference that we see clearly. Hope that helps!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13731.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13732.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13733.jpg

houseof3boys
09-27-2004, 11:48 PM
I think we might just join Costco for this table. :)

Thanks for the post.

smkinc
09-30-2004, 12:47 AM
Okay, this may be a dumb question, but can the Costco set be used as a multi-purpose table. I'm planning on getting a wooden train set and a table for DS for Christmas. I wanted to be able to use the table for crafts/snacks, but also to set up the train. Actually, FIL is quite handy and will likely make a table for us, but if this would work for both trains and crafts, it might be easier on him!

TIA,
Mary
Mom to Jeremiah 2/4/03

alkagift
09-30-2004, 03:45 PM
Debbi,
I'm a member--the next time you want to see if they're there, just give me a ring, you can use my membership.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

houseof3boys
09-30-2004, 04:43 PM
We joined on Tuesday before dining at Sweet Tomatoes :). They have tons of the tables left. Thanks for the offer though!

slknight
09-30-2004, 05:53 PM
The problem is that our closest Costco is 2 hours away. :(

My parents found it at their Costco in Virginia and offered to buy it for us. But they said it weighs a ton, and they don't know how they would get it in and out of their car by themselves (if they bought it, kept it at their house for awhile, and then wanted to put it back in the car to drive up here). What a bummer!

Thatchermom
09-30-2004, 07:30 PM
It does have a bit of a lip on it, and some have said they wouldn't use it for other things because of that. Really it is probably up to what your DS could handle. If he wouldn't be bothered by a lip when eating or crafting, it has plenty of space and a nice smooth surface. We don't use it for anything but playing, but we play more than trains on it. Makes a nice little people village, too!