PDA

View Full Version : Exersaucer Reccomendations please!!

aliceinwonderland
09-28-2004, 11:55 AM
I don't want one with wheels, for fear of Erik getting lazy (due to the mobility they afford), but I do need something where he can stand up and dig his feet in, as he has been doing this since 3 months(in our laps, of course)!!

we are on a bit of a budget, but all reccomendations are very welcome!!

pritchettzoo
09-28-2004, 09:02 PM
He might be at the far end for an Exersaucer-type thing. DD hated being confined in hers by 5 1/2 months or so. She loved her Activity Garden by about 6 months. Unfortunately, they've been discontinued. You can find them on ebay and at yard sales or consignment stores.

If you try an Exersaucer, save the box and receipt! :)

Anna

JElaineB
09-28-2004, 11:57 PM
We didn't even get an exersaucer until DS was 6 months old, so I don't think you are too late! :) DS used it until about 13 months or so (way too long really, but he loved it). We had one that converted into a toddler version (made by Graco/now Little Tikes), so the toys still held his interest at that age. If you are on a budget just buy the cheapest one you can find. Either a consignment store/second-hand store (as long as there are no broken parts), Walmart or maybe even on clearance at ToysRUs or BRU (haven't looked there lately though to see if any were on clearance). As long as it has a few built in toys you can always add more to the tray area to keep him occupied.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

memedee
09-29-2004, 10:12 AM
The Evenflow Ultrasaucer held is interest from 4mos till walking independently.It is really a good place to put them when you need to empty a dishwasher or throw in some laundry or even take a shower as long as you keep them in sight of course.