PDA

View Full Version : Kettler Tipp-Topp and Kombi High Chairs (and a Svan comment)

mtnlaurel
09-28-2004, 12:40 PM
Does anyone have or have tried the Kettler high chairs. From surfing the web I prefer the looks of the Tipp-Topp.
What do you think? What do you like? What do you dislike?
Is not having the 10 million trays to put in the dishwasher really that big of a deal? What about the lack of a 5 pt harness?
I was surprised at how reasonably priced they were.
I was smitten by the Svan, but when I went to look at it in person yesterday, the seat didn't seem big enough. My little guy is 7 mo. old and 16 lbs. It just didn't seem like it would take him all the way into toddlerdom.
Right now I have a Fisher Price Healthy Care still in the box -- b/c I'm not 100% sold on it. But after looking at the plastic options out on the market right now, I still like it the best (it's the 'friendly butterfly' version from Target)-- it's the least fru-fru and a cool print. And I don't see much point in spending $200 bucks on a plastic high chair.
How long do kids stay in a high chair anyway?
Lastly, does anyone know where they sell Kettler high chairs in the Denver/Vail area?
Thank you for answering my many questions! At the rate I'm going agonizing over the high chair choice, my little guy is going to be in college and still not on solids :)!

mtnlaurel
09-29-2004, 12:25 PM
Well, I contacted Kettler yesterday and no one carries the Kettler high chairs in Colorado. And I can't seem to find a user review anywhere on the Web. Hmmm. Any suggestions?

stillplayswithbarbies
09-29-2004, 02:02 PM
Did you do a search in this forum? I'm pretty sure some people got them in the previous Kettler presale from Debbie.

Neve got one, but I can't recall which model.

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

NEVE and TRISTAN
09-29-2004, 04:16 PM
sorry I didn't respond earlier I was hoping to get DH to put up some pics of it and if I wait around for that ou'll never get an answer from me.

We love ours, but I have nothing to compare it to vs the Kinderzeat etc... but I don't know how it could really be improved upon.

Debbie at oopsie 4 you @ yahoo.com (without the spaces) might cut eyou a deal on one...email her...they were offered in our co-ops at 35% off.

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 IT'S A GIRL
* DOSSIER SENT TO UKRAINE-siblings

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

mtnlaurel
10-31-2004, 12:05 PM
So the Tipp-Topp came in the mail and my dear hubby put it together. The instructions were in German!

There were a couple of things that we didn't like about it, so we are sending it back.
- The tray does not come off and on. You slide your little one in like a restaurant high chair.
- The tray doesn't have a lip around it.

These 2 reasons made us think that cleaning would be difficult.
Such a shame, because it is a beatiful chair.

Oh well. Hope this info helps someone.