PDA

View Full Version : Good starter Thomas set???

cchavez
09-29-2004, 03:28 PM
Would the mountain overpass make a good starter set? We are getting D a Thomas set for Christmas. I don't think I want to start out with a larger set b/c I am not sure he will really be into Thomas. He does play with the trains for a short while when we are visiting friends that have train sets but I want to start him off slow. We also ordered the Yumsters trains (Thomas and Emily) and I just orderd him Salty and Duncan using the TRU promo.....the free train will be a gift for our neighbor's son. Anyway....we probably would buy him a few additional engines for Christmas too. D will almost be 20 months at Christmas.....I figure we can get a small set to get him started and then we can add and expand more for his 2nd birthday. The reason I think he will like the moutain overpass set is b/c the noise it makes. Any other suggestions for Thomas sets for a newbies? Any accessories we should get too? TIA!

Momof3Labs
09-29-2004, 08:05 PM
I like the figure 8 sets best for a new Thomas owner. Plus, they are easy to expand (and still fit on the train table). Colin doesn't miss sound one bit - he's so focused on building super-long trains and (just recently) building new track layouts. And it is nice for me to not have to listen to a toy over and over!