PDA

View Full Version : Leapfrog Animal magnet set is great

jubilee
10-01-2004, 02:55 AM
My son LOVES it! I was concerned he'd be too "old" for it, since the recommended age is 12+ months, and he's almost 18 months. But I actually think he's the perfect age for it. He loves to play the song by pressing Farmer Tad's button. DS is figuring out the head and tail magnets- keeps trying to put two heads in, or two tails. And you don't have to put it on the fridge either! It would work well in the car (if you don't mind listening to it while you drive!) The animals can stick onto the back of the barn unit. Or I plan to get a metal clipboard, and then they'd stick to that. One of the cutest things is my son will take the barn and set it on the floor and play the song, then dances around it like the "Mexican hat dance". I think this toy is a winner!

lisams
10-01-2004, 02:59 AM
I totally agree and DD is almost 2!!! I like that there are a variety of "farm" songs, DD likes to dance around in the kitchen to them!!

Another winner from LeapFrog!!

Lisa

Chelsey333
10-01-2004, 08:22 AM
Would this toy be too young for a 2 1/2 - 3 year old? I bought it as gifts for that age group. My son is 2 1/2 and does not know is letters, so I know he will benefit. But my nephews are 2 1/2-3 yrs old, and now I am thinking it might be too young for them. Thanks!

jubilee
10-02-2004, 02:32 AM
There are two sets- one set is the animal set that I was talking about, and then there is the alphabet set. For the age you are talking about, I'd recomment the alphabet set. The animal set is about basic animals and colors. I still think a preschooler would like the animal set, but they'd get more out of the letter set instead.

Marisa6826
10-02-2004, 09:21 PM
Sophie is a farm animal addict. We bought this today at BRU for $14.99.

I haven't given it to her yet, but she loved playing with the package in the shopping cart.

-m

ETA - OK. I think she likes this toy a little *too* much. ALL DAY LONG. Can I just say how much I hate this thing? It's crazy loud (even on low) and that song. "You made a match..." AAAAAAAAH!

And NO. It's not coming in the car ;)

votre_ami03
10-05-2004, 02:06 PM
My TRU didn't have it. :( I did find the alphabet one.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030722/1/7/2/-7/.png

jubilee
10-05-2004, 07:22 PM
I saw it at WalMart yesterday for about $14.

redhookmom
10-06-2004, 12:32 AM
I bought the barn set for my 2 year old and my 5 year old has played with it just as much as she has. It think it is really cute. My 2 year old works hard to match the animals correctly, my 5 year old loves mixing them up and hearing the silly songs.

steph2003
10-06-2004, 11:49 AM
I got this for my DS even though he is months off from being able to actually enjoy it!!! It looks cute & I hope it will keep him busy at the fridge while I make dinner.