PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the FP Incrediblock and/or Gobble and Go Hippo?

erbono
10-01-2004, 01:19 PM
I am thinking of getting these for my ds for Christmas. He will be 4 months. I know, too young but I have to get him something for Christmas and these just seem great!

TIA,
Erica

Marisa6826
10-01-2004, 01:39 PM
We have the Incrediblock . Four months is WAAAY too young for that toy. My daughter is almost two and is into it now.

You're honestly better off getting him a Gymini or some similar play mat at that young age if you don't have one already.

If you're really hard set on getting something more advanced, go with a Leap Start Learning Table.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000062XQ8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

-m

murpheyblue
10-01-2004, 01:48 PM
ITA - we have the Incrediblock and DD digs it but really is just starting warm up to it at one year. We put two legs on on the Learning Table so the face of the table could face DD when she was 5-6 months old and she loved it! She learned to stand up using it and still uses it now. It's a great toy.

Raidra
10-01-2004, 04:07 PM
We have both, and Colwyn is just really getting into the Incrediblock. He still doesn't do much with the hippo.. just climbs on it, mainly.

Last Christmas, when Colwyn was 2 months old, we got him the FP Classical Chorus Gym piano:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000789SZ/qid=1096657394/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/002-2116970-3434462?v=glance&s=toys&n=507846

He still plays with it every day.. although now he stands at it. Around 4-5 months was when he started using that in the sitting up position.. before that, we set it over his Kick 'n' Play bouncy seat (we removed the bar) and he played with it like that. He also liked sitting at it with his boppy propping him up.

new_mommy25
10-01-2004, 11:26 PM
My DS was 4 months at Christmas too! We got him an exersaucer as his "big" present. I also got him the peek a block ark and dump truck but only now at a year does he want to play with that. We got him a bunch of smaller toys like a Skwish, Whoozit etc. We bought a lot of books too.

s_gosney
10-02-2004, 12:25 PM
So you all think that getting the incrediblock for K's first birthday would still be worth it?

As for the OP, my dd was only 2 months at Christmas, and I would say that the best thing she got was her FP learning table, though I would recommend going with the leap frog one b/c we've had problems with ours and apparently a lot of people have simmilar issues. That said, it will definitely last the whole year. There are lots of toys out there that are made to transition from a very young baby's toy all the way up to one who can stand.

I know it's hard to resist, but we chose to do very little for her last Christmas b/c she wasn't really playing yet, and we lived in an already over-crowded apartment. This year, however, will be much different! :)