PDA

View Full Version : bathtub suggestions

flash15
10-01-2004, 08:41 PM
I know the book suggests the Eurotub & I know it's big. Size isn't too much of an issue since I can just store it in the tub. But, has anyone used safety 1st's comfy duck bath center or their comfy bath center?

Thanks

jvorhis
10-04-2004, 10:01 AM
I love the Eurotub. It is big but we do store it in the tub. My daughter is just over a year and we still use it. It keeps her from standing and walking in the tub.

Julierc
10-04-2004, 10:44 AM
WE've used the snug tub and the BRU knock off of the snug tub and both are great and under $10. They get icky after about 4-6 months of use, even though we rinsed them after each use, and cleaned them with a little soft scrub once a week when we cleaned the shower. But they are so cheap it's not painful to replace them 2 or 3 times a year.

Julie
Isabelle's mom
DS expected 12/04

writermama
10-04-2004, 09:59 PM
I have and use both the Eurotub and the duck. They are both excellent choices for different reasons. We use the Eurotub the most because we have a nice counter that it fits on and we prefer not to bend over while baby plays in the bath every night. When DD was small and before she could sit up well, the contours of the tub provided really nice support.

We discovered the duck tub visiting a friend's house and bought it for a trip. It works well inside a tub (especially our very narrow tub where the Euro wouldn't fit). We use it mostly for travel. I've also used it outside as a small baby pool in summer -- it's nice to fill the "pool" with just a few gallons from the warm tap instead of cold water from the hose. Finally, DD likes to play in the duck tub while it's dry -- she will sit in it and play with toys or read books. She also loves to go for a ride when I drag the tub.

So, the duck tub wins hands down when it comes to versatility, but I still use the Eurotub every night because it saves my back.

Hope this helps,
Karen

hellosmiletoday
10-07-2004, 05:26 PM
I have the the safety 1st comfy bath center and I like it. The "duck" one has a sling which would be nice, but my BRU did not carry it so I settled for the plain one and used a towel for extra support when DD was newborn. The tub has worked great...I put it on my breakfast table. I like the rinsing bucket and storage area, as well as built in thermometer. I didnt purchase the eurotub either b/c of size limitations.

The only probs are that the padding has come apart a bit, prob b/c on occasion we dont empty the tub for hours after use....no big deal when DD is sitting in tub. Other prob is the fact you need another tub after 6 mo or so. I'm trying to search for a replacement now.