PDA

View Full Version : Costco Train Table

TaChapm
10-05-2004, 12:53 AM
For those of you who bought the Train Table at Costco how do you like it? I am thinking about getting it for Jackson for Christmas and was wondering about the quality and features. Is it pretty nice?
TIA
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

http://lilypie.com/baby2/021110/1/5/1/-6/.png

MorganMom
10-05-2004, 01:26 AM
We got one a couple of weeks ago and finally put it together yesterday. It was actually really easy to put the table together- it was the airport and train station that took forever! LOL Tons of little screws!

Anyways, we're really liking the table. It seems plenty sturdy to me. The drawers slide really well on their casters, even tho we have it on carpet. Lots of room in the drawers as well. I like that it's wood grain instead of white melamine- it hides the dirt better and doesn't look quite so kid-dy.

DS has some Thomas trains and we set them up with the train set included with the table. They work wonderfully together. Also DS really like the airplanes and the helicopter. Everything is made from wood, which I really like. DS also likes the little people that come with the set. Even tho they are not bendable or anything, he really likes playing with them.

Fro $120 you can't go wrong! The train stuff alone is worth at least 60-70 dollars. Also the table top does not screw in which I like because we're going to paint another scene on the bottom side. That way we can just flip it over if we want something else besides what's already on the top.

HTH

Chelsey333
10-05-2004, 09:50 AM
Can you tell me the brand of the one at Costco? I want to look it up and show dh. We don't have a Costco membership, and I want to check it out before making the plunge. It sounds nice. Does the Thomas the Train set hook right up with this set? Thanks!

MorganMom
10-05-2004, 01:09 PM
It's a Kidcraft table.

Compatible w/Thomas and Brio

Thatchermom
10-05-2004, 07:06 PM
We have had this table for a month and love it, too. You can do a search for "kidcraft train" to find other old posts with info, but there was a thread a week or so ago that I posted some pictures with. One of them are the various brands of track interconnected to show their fit/similarities/variations. You can find that thread here:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=23228&mode=full

Chelsey333
10-06-2004, 04:19 PM
Thank you for the information and links, I will check it out. Now I need a Costco membership.

octmom
10-06-2004, 04:45 PM
My parents bought it for DS as an early birthday present and we really like it a lot so far. (Plus, my dad assembled it while DH and I were at work-- even better!) It is quite sturdy and attaractive. For now, we have put most of the train pieces away in the trundle drawers and DS is playing with other toys on top of the table, since he is only 11 months. We had the trains set up at first, but everything was going straight into this mouth. He's really enjoying cruising around it.

FWIW, I got a Leaps and Bounds (related to One Step Ahead) catalog in the mail this week and the train table on the cover of the print catalog is the same one that is at Costco, only they show it in primary colors and Costco carried the natural. L&B sells it for MUCH more than the Costco price. I think they sold it as a set pr piece by piece, and they had both natural and primary colors. I checked the L&B web site to see if it was there, but didn't find the exact same set. The table and trundles on the web site look the same, but the train set itself is different.

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."