PDA

View Full Version : How do you adjust straps on Kinderzeat?

Mom2Miri
10-07-2004, 04:20 AM
We bought a Kinderzeat but I just can't seem to adjust the straps. Can anyone tell me how it works? I've tried prying the little bar in the fastener that seems to hold the strap but can't get it to move.

TIA!
Helen & Mirielle 2/25/03

Momof3Labs
10-07-2004, 11:26 AM
We have no problem adjusting our straps - sounds like maybe you have a defective set of straps?

zuzu
10-07-2004, 03:05 PM
I was just coming by to post the same question!!

I need to loosen ours a bit and haven't been able to yet. DH said it may require sliding the sides of that plastic bar (not sure if that makes sense) up or down at the same time, but but thought I'd check here first. I'll try that tonight and will let you know. Ours doesn't just adjust by trying to slide the nylon straps around, that's for sure.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

kalebsmama
10-07-2004, 04:49 PM
I've got the same problem! I've been meaning to ask, so I'll be interested to hear!

Mom2Miri
10-07-2004, 07:30 PM
Ok, after fighting with it for weeks I finally made some progress today. Must be good vibes from posting the question. :)

Don't know if this will make sense ... I pushed the strap end back towards the buckle as if I were trying to loosen it. I got a tiny bit of it loosened (1-2mm) then pried it up from the top of the buckle. Then pulling on the loop of strap that I've created made the plastic bar that holds the strap in place pop to the unlocked position. Then I could readjust and pop the bar back in place. The bar moves just a little. It was a pain but at least I got it adjusted.

Hope that helps someone. I know that was clear as mud so if you want me to try to re-explain...let me know. :)

Helen & Mirielle 2/25/03

caleymama
10-07-2004, 07:56 PM
You do need to do more than just slide the straps. Here's an old post on the topic that was helpful to men when we got ours:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=13571&mesg_id=13571&listing_type=search

Good luck!

zen_bliss
10-08-2004, 02:04 AM
use a butter knife to pop the little teardrop thing to the side then move the straps, and pull to 'lock' it back into place. it sounds like not all kinderzeats have this supervexing mechanism. thanks to nohomama for saving me when i posted about this!

zuzu
10-08-2004, 09:30 AM
Thanks everyone!
I'll try this tonight.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)