PDA

View Full Version : How long did your Diaper Genie last

jamsmu
10-11-2004, 08:52 AM
before you had to replace it? DS is 13 months and there are several pieces that have fallen off. I really don't want to have to spend money on a new one (and it won't be a genie). Just curious if this is a normal problem or something I may want to contact Playtex about for a replacement?

kelly ann
10-11-2004, 11:19 AM
Julie-

I have had a diaper champ for 2 years now and it is still working just fine. I would think any diaper disposal system should last more than just 13 months! Definitely contact Playtex and see what they have to say.

brubeck
10-11-2004, 11:51 AM
I had a couple of pieces break on my DG. I called Playtex and they replaced them for FREE. In my case it was a piece on the lid that couldn't be fixed so they sent me a whole new lid!

Playtex is awesome about customer service on this product so give them a call before you buy anything else!

As for how long it lasted, my DG went for 3.5 years before it started to really smell. It even had dboule duty for about 8 months (2 kids). I finally picked up a new one at the recent TRU Green tag sale ($10 and including a refill) so that I could have a fresh cannister without scents soaked in.

Karenn
10-11-2004, 11:26 PM
Ditto what Helen said. Playtex has been great about replacing parts for me.

jamsmu
10-13-2004, 10:11 AM
I called Playtex and they are sending me replacement parts, no charge. Thank you everyone!