PDA

View Full Version : What Little Tikes product would you recommend?

eb1
10-11-2004, 04:54 PM
I was at TRU yesterday and fell for the deal where you buy one Little Tikes product priced at $19.99 or higher and get one under $19.99 free. I chose a non-pedal sort of indoor rider for my item over $19.99, plus a tiger xylophone/piano for the free item. Well, we love the tiger piano.

I planned to give DS the rider for Christmas, but I checked the ratings for it on the TRU website and there are a LOT of complaints about the handles snapping off and leaving sharp edges. So I want to return the rider, and I assume I'll be asked to either return the piano or pay for it ($16.99). It seems silly to pay for the piano when I could just pay another $3 to get a new $19.99 toy and keep the piano free.

The problem is I didn't see any must-have Little Tikes toys for around $19.99 - $25.00 (didn't feel like spending more). Any suggestions?

ksenn
10-11-2004, 07:20 PM
I actually did a Buy One, get one Free Fisher Price thing at Toy R Us last spring.. I ended up with a toy also that broke immediately and also got poor ratings from people. I wanted to return it and get something different. I thought they do something stupid like want the other thing back. But they just told me to pick out something else by Fisher Price for the same amount. This probably would work for you as well, just find something else thats 19.99 by Little Tikes

Thanks for the heads up ...I will have to go check it out!

Kristen

Raidra
10-11-2004, 09:29 PM
We got the LT Ball Pit (shaped like the Coupe), the Jungle Jamboree Piano, the basketball thingy, and the Alphawagon.

Two will be for his birthday, and two will be for Xmas.

slknight
10-11-2004, 09:53 PM
Not sure of the prices, although I think they are both around $25.00, but DS really likes the basketball hoop thing and the shopping cart.

vpalmer
10-13-2004, 02:38 PM
Eva loves her shopping cart. We gave it to her on her first birthday and she has played with it everyday for the past 4 months.

Veronica
Mom to Eva

casey118
10-14-2004, 05:51 PM
You didn't say how old your son is, but mine is almost 2 and we have quite a few Little Tikes toys (between mine and my mom at least!)

First, is the rider either red/blue and yellow or pastels, and if you look it up on line it is called something dumb like "push & ride doll racer?" We have that and gave it to DS for his first birthday. He LOVES it still and we have not had any problems with it! At first he learned to stand up holding it and push is around, then he would ride it all over. Still plays with it.

We also have the discovery sounds kitchen (maybe more than $25?) which is a medium hit. He also loves the small picnic table and the easy store slide, and the easy score basketball standard. When he was younger he liked the 3-in-1 sport set. He has played with and liked the mower and shopping cart. Overall we have had a great experience with little tikes toys.

winifredzb
10-14-2004, 06:02 PM
We've bought a few Little Tikes toys and we've been really pleased with all of them. Our daughter has enjoyed playing with all of them and they hold up well and are easy to clean. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them!

eb1
10-14-2004, 11:20 PM
The rider was the "Go and Grow Rider" and it gets consistently bad reviews on the TRU web site...

Thanks for all the suggestions! My son is only 7 months so still too young for a lot of the toys.

ett
10-15-2004, 01:54 PM
Just wanted to point out that Little Tikes has 2 ride on type toys. One is the "Go and Grow Rider" which has gotten bad reviews on amazon. The other one is the "Push and Ride Racer" which comes in red/blue or pastel colors and has gotten very good reviews on amazon.

Southerngirl75
10-15-2004, 02:02 PM
My duaghter loves the Little Tykes kitchen set. She will paly with it for hours. She got it last year for Christmas and she still loves to play with it.