PDA

View Full Version : Kettler owners: Anyone wish they DIDN'T have air tires?

lynettefrancois
10-11-2004, 10:01 PM
DH says the airtires shouldn't be a problem since we have a compressor and he knows how to "seat the bead" or whatever it's called. Plus he said he could always put a tube in the tires if it became a problem (I don't know anything about this). If it's going to be a problem though I'd like to avoid it in the first place. Anyone have air tires and regrets? TIA!

lfp2n
10-11-2004, 11:37 PM
No regrets here, weve used the trike nearly every day since Feb, over a lot of gravel, stones, and generally off-road and haven't even had to pump them up so far, theyre still perfect.

HIH

Lucy DD 3/03

hipmaman
10-11-2004, 11:48 PM
We opted for the regular tires instead of air tires because it's not a huge difference for us with kids riding on sidewalks mostly. Dh did say at the time that he might have a problem finding the right size tube if it would go flat since we live in CAnada and the Kettler is not sold as widely as in the States.

No regret going without air tires here ;)

mekiemom
10-12-2004, 02:43 AM
We have air tires and no regrets. I was hesitant to get them because of the issue with filling them if we had a problem. We are so glad we did, especially when taking Meg to the park or a fair and we have to ride on the grass. Same with our all terrain radio flyer, love it!

Jenn

houseof3boys
10-12-2004, 09:21 AM
Love the air tires!!!! So easy to push and we haven't had to fill them once.

NEVE and TRISTAN
10-12-2004, 09:50 AM
We have the air tires with no regrets...
Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 IT'S A GIRL
* DOSSIER IN THE HANDS OF TRANSLATOR

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

miki
10-12-2004, 10:59 AM
We have the air tires and no regrets. FWIW, I asked Kettler how much pressure the air tires needed and it was low enough that a good bicycle pump could take care of it, says DH.

gail_kofi
10-12-2004, 11:27 AM
I got the Jumbo without air tires and wish I had gotten air tires. Our sidewalks are quite bumpy and the air tires would have mad a huge difference. Definitely go with the air tires if you're anticipating using it on bumpy side walks, grass or off road.

lynettefrancois
10-12-2004, 02:39 PM
Thanks everyone for your responses! Our Combi US had to be replaced for outdoor use in our neighborhood due to big bumps and occasional gravel, so I'm definitely getting the air tires on the Jumbo- now without apprehension. Thanks again!!!