PDA

View Full Version : Thomas-compatible cheaper track??

marchmommy
10-16-2004, 08:21 PM
Can you recommend track that is cheaper than actual Thomas track but that is compatible with it and maybe a web site to order it from? (I am putting together a gift for my DS for when the new baby comes--in less than 2 weeks!!!!) I'd like my DS to be able to start building track to play on with his three trains (Thomas, James, Percy). And any other good Thomas sets that are good starter sets??? Thanks!!

slknight
10-17-2004, 07:41 AM
As far as I know, most of the wooden track that you will find at any store is compatible with each other - Thomas, Brio, Target, etc. We don't have it, but I heard there is a good basic set at Target that would be significantly cheaper than Thomas.

LBW
10-18-2004, 09:48 AM
I think I saw some Thomas track and Maxim track at kidsurplus. I don't own any Maxim, but it is supposed to be compatible and it's much cheaper. Brio, Thomas, Maxim, and Target wooden track is all supposed to be compatible.

MelissaTC
10-18-2004, 06:23 PM
TRU sells some under their Imaginarium label. I bought DS the figure 8 expansion set for like $20 and it fit perfectly with our Brio train tracks.

lisams
10-18-2004, 07:07 PM
We got the bigger set at Target and love it.

Lisa

marchmommy
10-18-2004, 11:23 PM
Could you tell me exactly what the Target set is called-ie the make, or title/name of it? I am a week from my due date at this point and finding it hard to get out of the house but could send my DH to get it! Thank you so much!!!! And do you use this set for just the track or does it have other things in it too that are fun to use with Thomas trains???

Thatchermom
10-19-2004, 06:36 PM
Even better - print this, and he can't miss! This is the smaller of the two sets (19.99), there is a larger one ($40?) that comes in a wooden box, but will be sitting right with this one. There is usually a small section of wooden toys at Target, but it seems to vary from store to store where in the toy section it is. At least in our area, I should say. It does come with trains, people, signs, all that kind of stuff, too.

Edited to fix attachment

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/15213.jpg

lisams
10-20-2004, 01:01 AM
That would be the one ;-) It's really a good set at a wonderful price! Some of the animals are a little too small for DD right now (choking hazard) but I'll get them out when she's a little older.

Lisa