PDA

View Full Version : Kettler Junior High Chair Mini Review and Pics

priscilla73
10-16-2004, 10:48 PM
Here is my mini review. I bought the Kettler Junior High Chair from the last co-op that Debbie did for us.

My son is 15 months, about 25 lbs and 32" tall. I bought the Kettler Junior instead of the Kinderzeat for the following reasons:

1) Price
2) Front infant bar

Overall I like this chair but transitioning from a traditional high chair w/ a tray takes some getting used to. My son bangs on my brand new wooden table and I now have tons of dents. :( I'll pick up the Tiny Diner as soon as I get to the store. I added felt pads on the feet so that it glides over my wooden floor without scratching it. I also added a seatbelt because my little Houdini was able to get out of the chair.

PROS

Price - The Kettler Junior is half the price of the Kinderzeat

Infant belly bar

Easily adjustable

The padding is cute (purchased seperately $20) and comes in 2 patterns. It's also easily removable for washing.

Easy clean up. There's really minimal mess with the Kettler because the crumbs have nowhere to hide.

CONS

No seat belt - But that's easily remedied. I bought strapping and a seat belt clip at Wal-Mart for under $5

It's hard to get my son in the seat with the bar in place. I'm sure with a little bit of practice and cooperation, it will get easier.

Overall I'm very pleased with my purchase. Now that I've solved the problem of the seat belt issue, it will be used full time.

Sorry that my pics are blurry...my camera is acting up!

firsttimemommy
10-16-2004, 11:55 PM
Thanks Priscilla!!!!!

I love that chair and am wondering how I could buy it and DH not notice ("did we NEED another high chair??")
Ronda
Proud Mommy to Jenna Leigh 1/03 and Jake 4/04

"If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you" ~ Winnie the Pooh

priscilla73
10-17-2004, 01:28 AM
My dh said the same thing! I was so sick of cleaning crumbs out from underneath the padding of my Graco Neat Seat high chair. It is so nasty that I don't even clip the pad on anymore so that I can shake it out onto the floor (which is swept 4 x day - EuroPro Shark Cordless Sweeper is my lifesaver!)

I think it would be great for Jenna. Alayna uses the Cushie Booster but I'm thinking about seeing how she likes to use this. But then there's also that question of where do I store all the extra chairs!

tina-t
10-17-2004, 06:05 PM
Hi Priscilla, thanks for the pics. I'm trying to figure out from the pics, how and where you attached the webbing for the seatbelt, but I am having a hard time figuring it out. Can you explain it to me? Thanks.

priscilla73
10-17-2004, 06:26 PM
Hi Tina

Let me preface this by saying that I can't sew a stitch! Luckily, I bought the webbing and clip that was 'no sew' and it worked out great for me. I'm sure if I go to a fabric store w/ more selection, could find a way to make a 5 point seatbelt. But this one combined w/ the front bar makes it impossible for my son to escape and I feel completely comfortable with it.

If I would have attached it to the side bars it would have given him too much wiggle room to get out of the belt.

priscilla73
10-25-2004, 02:29 PM
bump