PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Play Set?

_teekayjay
10-18-2004, 02:59 PM
My DS will be 1 yo soon and we are looking to buy an outdoor play set. I liked the one from One Step Ahead with the rock climbing, slide etc but can not imagine paying $105 for shipping alone. (Anyone have a free shipping code????????)

I would like something that he can climb, slide etc. No swing needed. I would also like it to be able to keep him interested for awhile. Looking to pay around $200.

Any suggestions are welcome! TIA! Let me know the item, where found (online - store) etc- That would be great.

- Tina
Trent 12/2/03

amyff
10-18-2004, 04:03 PM
We love our Naturally Playful Woodland Climber (many Moms here gave it the thumbs up)! Ava loves to slide down the slide...go up the rock wall and just hang out on the "fort". It is perfect...and it doesn't have a swing (we didn't want one).

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00007A1S2/qid=1098125857/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/103-3381666-3413411?v=glance&s=toys

Momof3Labs
10-18-2004, 04:19 PM
We have the same one as Amy, but honestly, it didn't get a lot of use around here. Colin discovered that he could do the "big" slides and ladders at the park, so less than 6 months after dropping $200 on this lump of plastic, we put in a nice wooden swingset in our yard, which has gotten more use in two weeks than the plastic one got in 6 months. So I say that if you have the space and plan to stay in your house for a little while, put your $200 towards a full-size swingset rather than spending it on a short-lived piece like this.

We got our set at Toys R Us.

amyff
10-18-2004, 04:41 PM
I totally agree with Lori that if you are looking for a long term investment...then skip the plastic sets. However, we just didn't feel Ava was very safe on the big wooden sets at a year or even a year and a half (she was a late walker) and we knew we were moving within 6 months. So, the plastic set was right for us. We now have a really large playroom and we figured that the plastic set could easily be moved inside for the winter.

_teekayjay
10-25-2004, 02:08 PM
Thanks for your input. This was the same one I was looking for. I got it on sale at Toys R Us for $179 and no $105 shipping charge.

I just wanted something small for our backyard. We have a large park in our development that he also uses.