PDA

View Full Version : Kettler High Chairs (Neve?) and Stokke

momofjandl
10-24-2004, 07:37 PM
Thinking of getting a Kettler high chair or the Stokke.

Neve..I know you posted under the co-op that you have one. Is it the one with the tray...or the one that looks like the Stokke?

Kettlerusa.com posts the one with the tray as the junior chair and the Tipp Topp as the one that looks like the Stokke. But....when I did an online search everyone lists the one without the tray...that looks like the Stokke...as the junior chair...which seems to make more sense to me.

So...for those of you that have one...are you happy with your high/junior chair...is it sturdy..would you use it for a long while..can it be used as a regualr chair later? There isn't much info on the Kettler web site.

I have a 20 month and a 4 month old. The 4 month old will need the high chair soon. The 20 month old is a very active boy in the 90th percentile. I'm worried about going with the cheaper Kettler and regretting it.

Also, for those of you with the Stokke...is it worth the price?

And lastly...Neve...I emailed Debbie to get her price on the high chairs..and shipping price and haven't heard back from her. Though I noticed a post that said not to bother her with emails. How can I get the pricing and info I need?

Thanks in advance,
Ruth

NEVE and TRISTAN
10-25-2004, 06:14 AM
Ruth,
I have the one with the tray I thought it was the TT but I am not convinced on the name it is just what I recall, we love it!!!!
HEr price should be "retail" minus 30% so I would assume you are seeing the same prices in these searches and I would feel safe to say that is the retail price (and then they might show a sale price too). Her prices were sent during the last co-op and I think some one pulled up the archived threads recently that showed them.

I know that doesn't help and is kind of the downside of a co-op thru her (being the store owner of two stores)...that we get the info and have to go from there.

but if you can not find it I'd go ahead and call her if I were you, her number is archived too...(I don't have it on me) but the store is called Oopsie Daisy in Raleigh in Cameron Village. While she is on the phone maybe take advantage and get the prices of all of the chairs and post so others can see it.
Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 IT'S A GIRL
* DOSSIER IN THE HANDS OF TRANSLATOR

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

momofjandl
10-25-2004, 09:53 AM
Neve,

Thanks for the info. I'll do a couple of searches.

Is your chair adjustable, does the tray come off, can it be pulled up to the table? The kettler website might be wrong I think...on the names of the chairs.

http://www.kettlerusa.com/page19.html

Thanks again,
Ruth

NEVE and TRISTAN
10-25-2004, 01:37 PM
Yes it is adjustable and the tray does come off (but not without pulling out the screwdriver) so it is not one that you just remove and place back on within seconds...
We have yet to pull it up to the table but I feel safe to say that it does pull up for that is what it is meant to do I think is grow with child...

The feet things are adjustable too..
We see it lasting a long time...I love the pretty wood...we will get one for each child once we adopt too we love it that much.

Hope that helps...

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 IT'S A GIRL
* DOSSIER IN THE HANDS OF TRANSLATOR

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

priscilla73
10-25-2004, 01:41 PM
Here is a link to my review of the Kettler Junior High Chair that I posted a few weeks ago.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=12&topic_id=24018&mesg_id=24018&listing_type=search

momofjandl
10-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the reply...but I couldn't view the picts. They said they were attachments.txt When I clicked on them I just got funny text. Am I doing something wrong?

So...it's still not clear to me which chair is which.

Is the Junior chair the one with or without the tray?

Kettlers website shows the tray chair as the junior chair. And the chair that looks like the Kinderzeat as the Tipp Topp.

Are you finding that your chair is sturdy and would you use is as a desk chair for your child down the road? The kinderzeat can be used as a normal chair later on.

Thanks again,
Ruth

momofjandl
10-25-2004, 02:25 PM
Thanks again for the info Neve. I really appreciate it. Does Tristan like it? My son was born 2/3/03...so they are close in age.

Ruth

priscilla73
10-25-2004, 02:28 PM
The Junior Chair is the one like the Kinderzeat only it has a bar in front.

The Tipp Topp is the one that has the tray, but I'm not sure that one will push up to a table.

Email me and I'll send you the pics.

momofjandl
10-25-2004, 02:44 PM
ok, I just sent you an email. Thanks for the info. I thought that made more sense but Kettlers website has the junior chair as the one with the tray. How confusing!

Lucian and Gabriels Mommy
10-26-2004, 02:17 AM
Here is a link to a few pics and a post about the Junior chair we got in the last co-op:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=12&topic_id=23708&mesg_id=23708&listing_type=search

My almost 3 year-old loves this chair. I think it is super sturdy and I would absolutely get it again! (we actually have two of these - will transition our 14 month old in a few months).
HTH

momofjandl
10-26-2004, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the response. Seems that a lot of people have this one. We are leaning towards it..though I'm interested in hearing about the One Step Ahead chair. I might make another post on that one.

Thanks again,
Ruth