PDA

View Full Version : Little Tikes Discover sounds kitchen question

1ontheway
10-26-2004, 04:04 PM
Would a one year old get get more than a couple of months use out of this? I wanted to put this on DD's xmas wish list for the grandparents, but DH saw an article somewhere that listed the best age as 9-14 months even though the actual age range is listed as 6 mos to 3 yrs.

What do you think?

TIA

Christina
Mom to Leah 1/19/04

new_mommy25
10-26-2004, 05:48 PM
I don't know the long term answer to that question. We did get the kitchen around 10 or 11 months and DS still play with it daily. (He's almost 14 months). I feel that it was worth the amount I spent.

jk3
10-28-2004, 02:46 PM
My DS got this when he was approximately 11 months old (can't remember exactly when) and he continues to enjoy playing with this toy. It's great for young babies but he is also finding new ways to play with the kitchen. It's not the same as a larger kitchen but it's the perfect size for babies + toddlers IMO.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

parkersmama
10-28-2004, 10:25 PM
IMO, no. We had the LT Discovery Sounds store that Amy Grace got last Christmas (she was 7mos) and she used it until about 13 or 14 months. At that point, she pretty much showed no interest in it anymore. They are both really cute toys but I'd save my money on this and put it into a bigger kitchen or playset that she'll use for longer.

missym
10-29-2004, 12:54 AM
Gwen is almost 20 months and still plays with this toy, although not as much as she used to. I would agree with the article's "best" age range, but the kitchen still gets almost daily use here.

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif
19 months and counting!

quikeye
10-29-2004, 03:15 AM
Eek, I have this kitchen stashed away for xmas (when ds will be 11 months)... Maybe I'll break it out sooner. :) Though, DH and I still have little "discussions" about it being appropriate for our son or not...

tippy
10-31-2004, 12:36 AM
DS still plays with his at 22 months (though not as much as he used to) We have the older version and it is a great toy. Glad we bought it.

vpalmer
10-31-2004, 01:36 PM
Christina,

We gave this kitchen to Eva on her first birthday and she still plays with it daily at 16 months.

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

quikeye
10-31-2004, 02:22 PM
I wanted to add I just gave K his kitchen and I think that he'll still be playing with it at a year or more. He's more interested in chewing and throwing the shapes/containers than putting them in place to activate the sounds, and though he thinks the sounds are cool he can't quite get them himself (without losing interest). He does love opening the doors and playing with the shapes/remvable pieces though. I'm holding onto the LT discovery sounds playstore for at least xmas, since I'm pretty sure he'll enjoy it then (if it's on par w. the kitchen, I think it is since they're in the same age range).

Good luck!