PDA

View Full Version : Kettler Trike for small child? Fixes?

bartman
11-01-2004, 09:17 AM
Hi all,

We just bought a Kettler Air Happy for our 2.5 year old son. He loves it, but he's a small kid and can't really reach the pedals. The bike is in it's smallest configeration. Anyone have suggestions for making the bike "smaller" or somehow modifying the bike so he can reach the pedals? He just needs an extra 2 inches or so. So much for the bike fitting 1-5 year olds:-}

Bart

MelissaTC
11-01-2004, 09:23 AM
Have you moved the seat up all the way? We have an Air Happy as well and have had it since DS was 15 months. He has been a peanut and we went with the Happy specifically because it had a smaller seat, etc.. I would try playing with the frame and making sure the seat is up as far as it can go.

Good luck!

bartman
11-01-2004, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the quick reply! I've moved the seat up as far as it can go and the frame as short as it can go. He can *just barely* reach the pedals, but not well enough to actually pedal. This is frustrating for hem, as he is just learning to pedal and he has to really reach and strain to get any kind of contact. Not the best conditions while learning a new skill.

BN

>Have you moved the seat up all the way? We have an Air Happy
>as well and have had it since DS was 15 months. He has been a
>peanut and we went with the Happy specifically because it had
>a smaller seat, etc.. I would try playing with the frame and
>making sure the seat is up as far as it can go.
>
>Good luck!