PDA

View Full Version : Car seat/car entertainment toys

jse107
11-03-2004, 01:56 PM
Another question...

I would like to find some car seat entertainment for my son. I drive a very sad and tired 91 Buick Century, and I'm not sure how I can attach any of the cute mirrors, mobiles, or other toys that I see on line. There are no headrests in the back seat. Have any of you found anything successful? My son loves his FP Mirror and also has a cute Lamaze "Guppie" that is supposedly for use in the car, but I'm not sure how it's supposed to attach to the backseat!

Thoughts? Ideas?

brittone2
11-04-2004, 08:38 AM
My DS hates the car...he's 8 months, and this has been going on for several months now.

I usually just hand him 3-4 lightweight toys for the ride and hope that keeps him entertained.

As an aside, most carseat safety techs recommend avoiding the mirrors, toy bars that attach to the carseat, sunshades, etc. as they can become projectiles in a crash supposedly, even if secured. I know lots of parents use them, so that's a decision that everyone has to make for themselves obviously, but I just wanted to throw that in here.

Maybe someone else will have more info for you. If you are curious about the safety of these products, there are some carseat safety experts over on the carseat forum.