PDA

View Full Version : Swing Speed - FP Aquarium

deannanb
11-05-2004, 02:48 PM
I have the Fisher Price Ocean Wonder Aquarium swing and was wondering if anyone thought the lowest speed level was fast. I was getting sick watching the baby rock - I can only imagine what the baby was feeling.

Thanks!

Deanna and Jack 10.28.04

alleyoop
11-05-2004, 04:12 PM
We have one, and I can't even imagine setting it to swing past the first level! YIKES! :P

westchicagomom
11-05-2004, 05:58 PM
Yes I think it is too fast for a newborn. Until your baby puts on more weight, I would suggest using a blanket hanging over the sides of the swing to add some drag. At least that's what we did for awhile.

lisajay
11-23-2004, 10:16 PM
The manual actually suggests using a blanket drapped over it. I used a blanket and just had the edges drag the ground a little on each side. It worked perfectly. If I wanted it to go even slower I would just pull more of the blanket onto the ground. I loved this swing!

jha0529
11-23-2004, 11:08 PM
Yes, the swing is a tad fast. My mother-in-law has very strong opinions about that swing, however, i always found it did the trick with my baby. Although it seems fast, the babies seem to find comfort in this swing.

lotsofjoy
11-23-2004, 11:48 PM
We stuck a light blanket through the hole where the pole goes in underneath the seat and let it drag on the floor. It made the swing go the perfect speed for our twins (5-14 and 7-6 at birth)