PDA

View Full Version : Any children's music recommendations in spanish?

tigalig
11-09-2004, 12:17 AM
I know it might be a long shot, but I wonder if anyone here has a favorite children's music CD in Spanish. I know some songs, but I'd like to introduce more of them to our children, particularly now when they're young. Any response with your experience or favorites will be appreciated.

cuca_
11-09-2004, 08:08 AM
I have yet to find a CD that I love. However, my aunt gave DD two CDs that are fairly decent. One has the story of Little Red Ridding Hood (Caperucita Roja) and a few songs. It's called Caperucita Roja and it is from a series called Los Cuentos de la Abuela. The brand is Give Me Five. The other one is a set of three CDS called Canciones Infantiles. I think the brand is Mamá Gallina. I know she got these in Miami, where she lives, but don't know exactly where.

HTH

Carmen
DD May 2003
#2 expected in May 2005!

Lynnie
11-09-2004, 10:09 AM
i have one called "baby's first steps" (i think)in spanish. they also have it in french, italian, and something else that i can't remember. i have the french and spanish, and i love them both. they are not all music, though. they alternate between little poems, or "parentese" where a native speaker says things to a baby that a parent would say.

i ordered it from amazon. if i can find the exact name or link, i'll let you know.

now, lets see what songs i (a gringa living in miami who speaks french but is learning spanish as i go)have learned

los pojitos dicen pio pio pio
un elefante se balanceaba sobre la tena d'un aragna
des colores
and i can't remember the others.... i lent it to a friend and haven't seen it in a while. and miss it alot !

Lynnie
11-09-2004, 10:12 AM
found it at randomhouse.com:
(i like it for the music, enjoyability aspect, not as a way to create a super baby in languages... but here is the write up)

Baby's First Steps in Spanish is a great way to invigorate babies' minds and give them an extra edge for learning down the line.

Created by an expert in linguistics, this program is based on well-known and proven principles of language development in young children. Babies and toddlers have a natural gift for languages. They learn them effortlessly, and, unlike adults, they can make the sounds of any language in the world.

The audio CD surrounds babies with the sounds of Spanish through soothing lullabies, songs, rhymes, words, and phrases. The accompanying book for parents is entertaining, informative, and explains exactly what's going on in their baby's head. Best of all, the program is easy and relaxing--perfect for new parents with so little time (and energy) to spare.

Key Features:
* The program is based on established and accepted research in child language development
* For newborns to 24 months
* The book is fun and easy, and requires little time
* The CD can be used in baby's nursery or on the go

Includes:
60-minute audio CD, 80-page book and 16-page lyric sheet

cchavez
11-09-2004, 01:22 PM
He has great Spanish CDs for little ones!!!

hellosmiletoday
11-10-2004, 12:01 AM
I'm actually in Miami and do speak Spanish although not often since I was born in US and DH is American. This thread is great to get some ideas. One website to check for rare spanish titles is cubanstar.com. I ordered a rare spanish nursery rhyme book that my mom read to me when I was a baby. Free shipping.

Mommy to baby girl 5.8.04

hellosmiletoday
11-10-2004, 12:05 AM
DO you know who sings the songs? There are no sample clips on Amazon but I'm very interested in this CD, or at least the book.

Lynnie
11-10-2004, 09:11 AM
I have no idea who sings the songs, but they are authentic Spanish speakers, and while the majority are not as calming as the french ones, they are not annoying - its not like some children’s music where you just kindof cringe every time you hear it. i actually like it. The book is the size of a C.D. box, but thicker, and I must admit I haven’t read it in about two years, so don’t remember if it was good or not. Oh, and yesterday I saw a few for sale on ebay....

I like it so much i might buy another since i may never get the one i loaned out back !

I have heard great things about the other guy who was recommended - Orosco - he came and sang at my son’s school/daycare and I heard that the kids loved him.

tigalig
11-10-2004, 04:14 PM
Thank you for all of your replies and recommendations. I have about three CDs in different shopping carts and I need to decide before long. I'm starting to believe that some of the songs I know (or remember) are made up because I can't find them anywhere! lol