PDA

View Full Version : high chair help - my sons arm gets stuck between the chair and the tray

jess_g
11-11-2004, 09:02 AM
We have the Baby Trend high chair and just recently my son started to complain and I would find his arm stuck in the space between the tray and the blue part on the arm of the chair.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/16865.jpg

Has anyone had this happen to them? Can someone recomend another high chair that does not have this design problem? One without a gap between the tray and the chair?

Thanks,

Jessica.

Marisa6826
11-11-2004, 09:04 AM
It sounds like you don't have the tray pushed in all the way. If our try is completely pushed in, there's only a tiny space between the tray and seat.

Check the position of your tray.

-m

jess_g
11-11-2004, 09:16 AM
I think my son is doing this on purpose so he is looking for the gap. I am just woried that one day he will get hurt from getting his arm pulled out or something. Plus I don't mind buying him a new high chair. We have gotten a lot of use out of this one.

Jessica.

Marisa6826
11-11-2004, 09:49 AM
I would take him shopping with you and "road test" the different high chairs in person.

It sounds like he might be big enough for even a booster?

-m

yellowdogmom
11-11-2004, 01:34 PM
My DS does this in his FP Healthy Care Deluxe...and like you said - he seems to do it on purpose! Actually, now that you mention it, I think we *might* be past it at our house (knocking on wood) as he hasn't done it in a couple of weeks. My solution is to roll up a towel and jam it in the gap, and that seems to do the trick for us. Oddly enough he only does it on one side...go figure!

jess_g
11-11-2004, 03:04 PM
Thanks everyone. Yes my son only does it only with his right arm and I thought of putting something there like a piece of foam or a towel to cover the gap but was not sure if it would work. Anyway maybe its off to find a new high chair for him. I doubt he would try anything when we are at the store though. Probably not until we got it home. I am going to try him in my sons new kinderzeat and see how well he sits in it. He is 13 months old so maybe we could wait another 5 months and then switch him straight to the kinderzeat. Do they still sell the ones with baby bars? I remember some store in England that did ship them to America with the baby bar attachement but don't remember all the details.

Thanks Jessica.