PDA

View Full Version : LeapStart Learning Table- does the music drive you crazy?

Karenn
11-11-2004, 08:43 PM
I'm thinking about getting a LeapStart Learning Table for DD for Chrismas. We have a couple of other Leap Frog toys for DS including the Little Touch Leap Pad. The Leap Pad has been a great toy, except for the fact that it has this annoying music that is rather loud, and keeps playing for quite a while after DS has left the toy alone. After awhile, it starts to get on my nerves. I'm wondering if I'm going to have the same problem with the learning table. Does the music keep playing after the child leaves the toy, trying to beckon the child back, or does it only play when the child interacts with the toy? I can handle one toy with annoying music (after all, it does keep him busy for a long time) but two might just push me over the edge! ;)

mamaturk
11-11-2004, 09:12 PM
We have the learning table, and the music has never made me crazy...... It only plays music when your child plays with it. DD really enjoys it, so I guess that makes it more enjoyable for me??!!

lynettefrancois
11-11-2004, 09:14 PM
ITA- it doesn't bother me at all, and I know EXACTLY where she is when I hear it playing and I'm around the corner. :) Plus, she LOVES it!

parkersmama
11-11-2004, 10:19 PM
The music from the Learning Table has never bothered me at all. And believe me, I'm certainly one to be bothered by most musical/sound-laden toys! LOL! For one thing the LT has *lots* of different songs that it plays so you don't have to hear the same one over and over and over. It's truly a great toy! My dd got it for Christmas last year and she still plays with it quite often.

amp
11-11-2004, 10:22 PM
Nah. I can see why people would find it annoying, but it never really bothered me. The toy doesn't play unless the child is playing with it. Well, except when the batteries are dying and it makes sudden, unexplained noises. But for us, changing the battery or turning it off fixed that. We were very pleased with the Leapstart Table from about 6 mths until almost 1 yr, when DS decided he didn't really want to play with it anymore.

August Mom
11-12-2004, 12:28 AM
Most FP electronic toys drive me crazy. Fortunately, I think Leapfrog's music is much better. I was never annoyed with the Leapstart Learning Table. I actually found the tunes rather catchy. DS loved this toy. It was one of our best purchases.

nicknack
11-12-2004, 10:24 AM
Not annoying to us at all, in fact, I find myself singing along to it quite often! Brooks LOVES it and we've had it for a few months now.

houseof3boys
11-12-2004, 11:34 AM
You know I was never really bothered with the music on the table. There are toys that we don't even put batteries in because the music is so awful.

I thought the table was one of the best things we ever purchased!

netne
11-14-2004, 11:57 AM
I also like the music on the LS Learning Table. It only plays short burts of music when DS is interacting with it. It has a lot of jazzy, New Orleansy tunes. Kind of catchy. DS still plays with it some at 15 months.

colleenfs
11-14-2004, 03:04 PM
I kind of liked the music on this toy! I liked that it was not tinny computerized music, but sort of jazzy and fun.

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Just found out - #2 due 7-23-05!!

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/e3y/1.png

Java
11-14-2004, 07:37 PM
I also like to music. I have on occasion been known to play with it myself.... ;)

Mine is possessed though. It will play by itself sometimes. And we're talking by itself, as in Kael hadn't touched it since the night before and the lights and music flash on the next morning.

Freaky! :o

wendmatt
11-16-2004, 01:19 AM
I quite like it! Emily is almost 2 and has just pulled it out again after she found it in the cupboard, so she can point to her alphabet as it sings, so I'd def recommend it, it's really been great.....I find myself singing the tunes to myself!

mom to little e
11-16-2004, 10:32 AM
I just had to comment on your signature... hadn't seen it before but I LOVE it!!

:)
Casey &
Ean (11/06/03) the little love of my life

momtoB
11-16-2004, 10:51 AM
>I also like to music. I have on occasion been known to play
>with it myself.... ;)
>
>Mine is possessed though. It will play by itself sometimes.
>And we're talking by itself, as in Kael hadn't touched
>it since the night before and the lights and music flash on
>the next morning.
>
>Freaky! :o

Mine did this too. If we forgot to turn it off, it would start to play itself in the middle of the night. It does have 90 day warranty but unfortunately the time had passed before I realized there was a problem (It had sat in the closet for a while before we thought it necessary to bring out for ds). Eventually, one of the keys stopped working altogether. Even though it doesn't work 100%, my ds - who's 18 mos now - still loves it after several months of use. It does have a hi-lo switch, but even on high I don't find the music annoying. Overall it's a great toy, it was just too bad ours had a glitch in it somewhere.

Java
11-16-2004, 12:00 PM
Thanks! Looks like I'm going to have to close Mom's Breastaurant soon though. Kael's starting to look at other dining establishments.