PDA

View Full Version : Primma Papa question...

nicknack
11-13-2004, 03:40 PM
Hi--
My parents want to get a new high chair for their house (they have a great old wooden one but it doesn't have a tray, so it's getting hard for Brooks to sit in it and eat). Anyway, my dad likes the tan Papa since it goes with the kitchen or whatever, and he doesn't care what he spends. He initially really liked the look of the Eddie Bauer wooden one, but since it isn't adjustable in any way, we ruled that one out.
Do those with the Papa like it? Or is the whole lots of crevices thing a pain? Are there other models out there that look similar to the tan Papa?
Thanks!
Nicole

Momof3Labs
11-13-2004, 09:30 PM
Hate, hate, hate it. I was so happy that Colin boycotted it at 15 months, and gladly swapped it for a $20 travel booster from Wal-Mart. It was hard to clean with all the cracks and crevices, and did not fit my tall kiddo well at all. The tray was way too high and too far from his chest (which meant a dirty lap and sleeves when he was eating). There are too many high chairs that are just as good or better for half the price - Peg Perego just doesn't make the Prima Pappa worth the money, IMO.

Ann972
11-13-2004, 11:58 PM
Oooo...hate, hate, hate it too. DD is also tall and was not comfortable at all eating in it because the tray was too high. We used for about 3 months. However, my 2 year old niece likes to sit in it. I wouldn't recommend it for a baby.

simba
11-14-2004, 12:52 AM
interesting fact....
"prima pappa" means "first baby meal" in Italian. "Pappa" is baby meal, not daddy. I thought some of you would like to know that. =)
Silvana

g-mama
11-14-2004, 07:55 PM
Hate it! Biggest waste of money ever. Ditto to what everyone else said. My ds is almost 15 mos and the tray is at his neck and it doesn't come close enough to him so his lap is filthy. He looks so slouched over and uncomfortable in there. We finally put it away the other day because I've been using a booster seat on the kitchen chair (with its own tray) and it works SO much better.

Kristen
Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03

MamaKath
11-15-2004, 01:33 AM
Really disliked it with my first, found all the "features" to be a waste. With my second I was really glad to have it. He wanted to be near us at an early age, and we could adjust it so he was comfy. He used it daily up until a couple months ago when the pad finally bit the dust and I moved it out of the kitchen.

It is a major pain to clean though (as are most highchairs). I found the easiest way to really scrub clean it is to take off the chair pad, put the whole thing in the shower under hot steaming water, and then scrub with a brush and soap and rinse. I don't so this a ton, but maybe once everycouple months. Otherwise I put the tray in the sink after every meal and scrub, then wipe down the rest of the chair.

HTH~

Andrea S
11-15-2004, 11:56 AM
My only complaint is cleaning it. At first I thought is was not bad, but as soon as Andrew was feeding himself it is a nightmare to clean.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

gisele
11-15-2004, 05:30 PM
I have it and I love it. I think some models the tray actually sits lower than some older models. There was a thread where someone posted a picture, and I posted a picture, and it was clear my chair was about an inch or so lower than the other chair. I personally don't have any trouble keeping it clean. I used it from are 4 months on, when my baby wanted to be near us at the table but wasn't eating yet. I have the tan Pappa.