PDA

View Full Version : Pack 'n Play 3/4 basinnet sheets? Do you need these?

caroleho
11-14-2004, 01:14 AM
Hi everyone,

I am a new mom and need some help. I am thinking my new baby will sleep in the 3/4 basinet early on. Are there safe sheets that fit this? I saw other postings for the Graco pack 'n play sheets or the Kooshies sheets, but aren't these for the base of the pack 'n play? What do you use for the basinet?

Also, is the firmness and quality of the play pen suitable for sleeping in when the baby no longer fits in the 3/4 basinet? I will have a crib, but it will be in the same room as the guest room, so when my in-laws come to town, I was wondering if the baby could sleep in the pack n' play.

Thanks in advance for any insights!

Best,
Carole

MamaKath
11-15-2004, 01:49 AM
I would try pillowcases for the bassinet part. They usually fit fairly snuggly, are cheap, and plentiful.

Yes, these are actually what most hotels use for cribs, and they seem to be fine for the baby. Your baby will more likely take issue of being out of his/her familiar surroundings then with the comfort of the crib. I know many people who actual have used pack n plays instead of cribs altogether (we did this for a bit after a crib was broken in a move). So I would think the occasional time in it would be perfectly fine. :-)

HTH~

new_mommy25
11-15-2004, 03:45 AM
The Graco or Kooshies sheets will fit. Put the sheet on the matress, fold up, and lay into bassinet. Nojo makes a nice terry sheet and Carters for Target also makes an inexpensive cotton version.

It's fine for you baby to use the pnp as a crib. It makes a great option while traveling.