PDA

View Full Version : "Days-of-the-Week" Toys idea...

mom to little e
11-16-2004, 10:41 AM
Does anyone do this? I always thought B.E. (that's life Before Ean), that it would be a good idea to arrange my children's toys in separate plastic containers and have one for each day of the week. Then they would see different toys and maybe not get so tired of them. Kind of like when I look in the fridge and see the same stuff over and over, none of it sounds good.

Maybe I am sounding completly nutty...LOL!

Casey &
Ean (11/06/03) the little love of my life

lisams
11-16-2004, 11:43 AM
Not nutty at all, I think it's a great idea, but I would put the same toys out for longer, maybe a week or two. DD really likes to play with the same toy and practice using it until she masters it and then she starts getting bored with it. I think rotating toys is a fabulous idea!!!

Lisa

tigalig
11-16-2004, 04:31 PM
I think it's a great idea. We did a modified version of your plan by dividing our toys in half and putting half away and playing with the other half for about two weeks then swap and start with the other half. We don't do this as dilligently now, but it was a great thing to do and we still do it with our books (change them out from the PBK catalina magazine rack) every other week.

ett
11-16-2004, 09:15 PM
That's a good idea! We need to start rotating our toys and books soon. DS's toys and books are slowly overtaking our living room and his bedroom and it'll only be worse with Christmas coming up.

jubilee
11-16-2004, 11:51 PM
It is a good idea! Preschools do that same thing, but I'd never thought to apply it to my home! Maybe I'll be organizing the toys to do that... especially after Christmas when all the new toys take over my home! :)

dules
11-17-2004, 09:51 AM
We do this but on a 2-week or so rotation. It sometimes takes my DD a couple of days to "warm up" to a toy she has not seen in a while.

Best,
Mary

mom to little e
11-18-2004, 09:25 PM
Great! I think I will do this! Thanks for the suggestion of a 2-week rotation. I am looking forward to seeing if this "brings to life" some of DSs older toys (this also gives me another reason to shop at The Container Store!!).

Casey &
Ean (11/06/03) the little love of my life

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-19-2004, 08:52 AM
on Saturday mornings when you want to sleep in...wrap up a few items (their own) or even pull a page out of a coloring book, find some stuff to keep kids occupied about an hour and put it in a box. They wake happy on Saturdays and open the box and play with what is in there and you get a bit more sleep :)

Of course older children is what this applies too...
Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 Baby girl BRONWYN
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine 12-10-04
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan