PDA

View Full Version : Kinderzeat or knockoff owners...I have a question

parkersmama
11-16-2004, 06:58 PM
We have a knockoff Kinderzeat highchair from One Step Ahead that we've been using now for about 6 months. I really like it and it's been working out great. Ours has the bar across the front that truly makes it like a highchair. It's getting to be a tighter and tighter fit for Amy Grace. She is 18mos now and I'm wondering when to take off the bar and make it just a climb up chair. When did you remove the bar? TIA!

Momof3Labs
11-16-2004, 09:45 PM
Is there a safety strap? The Kinderzeat is supposed to be ages 18m+ (that's what we have) but has a 3pt seat belt. I don't think that I would use it even now without the seat belt - Colin likes to escape when he gets the chance!

parkersmama
11-17-2004, 08:32 AM
It does have a safety strap, too. We don't use it (except the part between the legs) because the wooden bar across the front is literally so confining that Houdini himself couldn't escape from this thing! LOL! I'll see if I can find a picture...

http://www.onestepahead.com/images/product/detail_views_jpgs/8746_dv_2.jpg

See how close the bar is? I guess part of my thing is that it's so hard to get her in and out and I think she'd be a lot happier climbing in and out by herself. I know this is probably related to me being an uber-relaxed 3rd time mommy but the safety thing isn't such a big deal to me. I mean, yesterday she was sitting in one of our regular kitchen chairs for a snack and I had to keep telling her to sit down because standing up backward in the chair is dangerous! LOL! Okay, maybe I'm too relaxed about this... :o

LoveMyBabyBeans
11-17-2004, 08:41 AM
Denise, when we first got here, we bought both boys a Kinderzeat, well, the Tripp Trapp, but same difference. Anyway, Quinn was 22 months old and we didn't bother with the bar, tray or a seatbelt for him and he did fine.