PDA

View Full Version : Washing exersaucer seat?

indigo
11-19-2004, 03:06 PM
We have an older, hand-me-down Exersaucer (actually the Ultrasaucer with a green rim, snail, sunflower and bee attachments) that we just started using. My DD had a blowout while she was in it and I discovered what a PITA it is to remove the seat for washing! (five tiny screws accessible only through the leg holes of the seat)

Has anyone come up with a workaround, either for easily removing the seat or for protecting it from the inevitable stains? I'd rather not have to put DD in waterproof pants every single time she sits in it. I thought about sewing a removable pad that Velcroes to the seat, but by the time I finished a project like that DD would already be walking around. ;0).

TIA!!

indigo
DD 7/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_rosequartz_3m.gif[/url]

whittyanne
11-19-2004, 05:16 PM
I've not found any better way of cleaning it either. I just remove it each time... mine has five things that need to pop off but you can pull it from the top. A friend of mine I think has the one you are talking about and I've seen her take it off to wash... sorry I couldn't be more help!

parkersmama
11-19-2004, 10:27 PM
We've had two versions of the exersaucer (one that is about 7 years old now and one that's about 1 year old) and neither of them had to be unscrewed to wash the seat. They both worked the same way: you pop the elastics free from underneath and then pop the little plastic tabs and pull it free from the top. It's fine to wash it in the machine with regular detergent and use stain stuff if you need to and then let it air dry. It dries pretty quickly. Then when it's dry, just thread the elastics back between the cracks and hook them each onto their hooks all the way around and the plastic tabs generally pop back into place easily.

indigo
11-20-2004, 12:18 AM
Ah, I thought that might be the case! I'll try popping the tabs again, I guess these were just stiff. Since we don't have the instructions, I was afraid to force anything and possibly break it. Now I know.

thanks again!

indigo
DD 7/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_rosequartz_3m.gif[/url]