PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for kids music

asha
11-22-2004, 05:55 PM
DS just turned one. I see him tapping and trying to dance when I play music at home. I dont have too many cds that have songs, I have just instrumental music for him.

I am thinking its time for us to graduate to some nursery rhymes and simple songs he can grow with.
Looked on amazon and found a whole bunch of cds, all of them were pretty good. Could not make up my mind at all.

I was wondering if I can get some help from y'll here. What are the cds that are your kids' favs and yours too. I would like something that includes the classic rhymes.

Thanks in advance,

Momof3Labs
11-22-2004, 07:24 PM
Here's a good thread on this:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=25230&mesg_id=25230&page=2

MamaKath
11-22-2004, 08:22 PM
My kids and I really enjoy the Wee Sing tapes and CDs. They are wonderful! They also come with songbooks with the music and words so that you can learn the songs or play them on a piano as well. They are not overly expensive and my children choose them over all the more expensive music they have.

HTH~

jamsmu
11-22-2004, 09:55 PM
We love the Little People CDs. Especially "songs and games for the road"--my personal fave. Which is in DH's car... hmmmm I need to get that!

indy1710
11-22-2004, 10:47 PM
Anything by Laurie Berkner is our favorite. We also like Raffi!

icunurse
11-23-2004, 09:37 AM
Still liking Mothergoose Rocks www.mothergooserocks.com They use all the classic nursery rhymes and set them to current music (like Madonna, Sugar Ray, Britney Spears, etc. - with the names changes, of course). At least it is something different to listen to and not too kiddy.
Traci
~Connor's Mom~