PDA

View Full Version : Kettler--How important are rear swivel wheels?

mollymcmommy
11-28-2004, 07:48 PM
With all the Kettler activity on this board, I figured we'd have some Kettler "experts" around here to answer this question. :)

We got our ds the Brummi for his first birthday, and we figured that since most *regular* trikes don't have the rear swivel wheels (like on the Happy Navigator), then heck, why would we need 'em, right? It didn't occur to me, though, that at this stage (one year old/using parent push-bar), I'd have to keep the front wheel in locked mode and pop a wheelie every time I wanted to turn.

My question is, would I be happier in the long run if I exchanged it for a model with the rear swivel? Would that make it much easier to steer, or just a little? Is it worth the extra $30? If you have a Kettler w/out the rear swivel and are using the parent push-bar, are you finding the steering and wheelie-popping to be a PITA? Or are you happy with it?

We just opened the Brummi yesterday, so it hasn't really been used yet. I think I can still exchange it if I *need* to.

TIA,

Andrea

ilovetivo
04-24-2005, 05:16 PM
bump...i'd love to know too :)

MelissaTC
04-24-2005, 06:37 PM
We have the Air Happy and I swear we don't miss the swivel rear wheels. I didn't know there were even models with swivel wheels! We have the push bar and never had a problem. I am pushing less now that he is learning to pedal and move around on his own...

Toba
04-25-2005, 11:34 AM
We have the Air Navigator and let me tell you, it's almost like pushing a stroller. No wheelie popping or anything. We love ours.

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*