PDA

View Full Version : Wooden Doll House

mabuckles
11-30-2004, 09:00 AM
I would like to get Madison a wooden doll house for Christmas. I would like it to very durable and fairly big if possible. I would rather not spend more than $150 for the house, dolls, and family. Anyone have any ideas? I know you guys are the best shoppers!

egoldber
11-30-2004, 09:37 AM
Melissa & Doug makes one that is pretty much what you describe. Here's an example:

http://www.gummylump.com/front/f_product.php?id=204

It is comparable in size to the Brio/Plan Classic dollhouse and the Ryan's Room Home Sweet Home dollhouse.

HTH,

mabuckles
12-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Beth Thanks for your help. I have been reading all your old dollhouse posts from last year too and they are very helpful. I went to a store today and fell in love with the Ryan's Room "Home is Where the Heart is" Home. I like also like that I can later add the basement and make it bigger and also the Brio Plan Toys My First Dollhouse. Of course at the this store they were very expensive so I thought I would try to purchase online. I found the Ryan's Room house for $80.00 at Creative Brains so am thinking about that. I found the Brio My First Dollhouse online at www.sactoys.com but the furniture seems very expensive.

Any one have the Melissa and Doug dollhouse Beth reccomended or the Ryan's Room or Brio Plan Toys house? What do you think?

Also has anyone order from creativebrainsonline.com? Were you happy? I am leaning toward's the Ryan's Room house because it is more open and seems easier to play with.

Thanks!

shishamo
12-04-2004, 05:21 PM
We have Ryan's Room's "Home is Where the Heart is" dollhouse. It's beautiful, and my DD does likes it. On the other hand, she isn't crazy about it, either, to be honest. She is not a girly-girl, so that may be why, though.

muskiesusan
12-04-2004, 06:39 PM
Have you checked out the selection at www.kidsurplus.com? I find their prices to be really good as well as the shipping (they ship Fed Ex ground and charge actually shipping rates). I noticed a few weeks ago they had the Brio dollhouse and the furniture.

We have the Brio house, which I think is really well made. Nick plays with it pretty well, or as well as he does any toy!

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01/01
& Alex 04/27/04

mykidzmom
12-04-2004, 07:43 PM
I was in Pottery Barn Kids today, and they have an adorable wooden doll house!

egoldber
12-04-2004, 08:19 PM
I actually saw the M&D dollhouse at a local toy store and I can assure you it is very high quality. The shop owner told me in her opinion the quality is identical to the RR and Plan houses. (She sells all 3 brands.)

I ended up going with a Plan house because I got it for a steal at a local store. I also found gobs of Brio furniture in the one GREAT score I have ever made at Tuesday Morning, LOL! But all in all, the price probably worked out to be similar to that of the M&D house.
HTH,

egoldber
12-07-2004, 09:01 AM
I just saw this one too:

http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/product/product.asp?sku=15643

Maybe not quite as "pretty" but it is undoubtedly sturdy. It does not inlcude dolls, but dolls are relatively inexpensive.

HTH,

muskiesusan
12-07-2004, 07:26 PM
FYI, here's the Plan/Brio dollhouse for $119, including the family and furniture.
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/iqkids1/cldoenbyplto.html

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01/01
& Alex 04/27/04