PDA

View Full Version : Do I really want the Incrediblock?

sugarsnappea
12-02-2004, 08:17 AM
I aim to buy Noraa one new toy this holiday season. She already has tons of JG's old stuff that is in very good shape. I am thinking the incrediblock may be a suitable choice. Tell me what you love/hate about this incrediblock? Is it going to drive me crazy? Sorry if this has been all covered before. I hardly hit this forum anymore. :)

laurajaney
12-08-2004, 03:10 PM
I'm glad you asked. We, too, have tons of old stuff, and so far, I am not loving the Incrediblock. It's big! (If it weren't so big, maybe I'd like it more.) When I pull it out, both boys 8 month old and 2 1/2 yr. are interested for about 3 minutes and that's it. The other Peek-a-Blocks aren't "compatible" in that they don't "plug in" and play like the peek-a-blocks that come with it.
Let me know if you have more questions.

papal
12-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Don't like it. Too big. Too noisy. Too plasticy.
I would say AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Leela did enjoy it though...especially putting the blocks in the slots and then pressing the lever and watching them fall. But she is just as happy with a playsilk.

sugarsnappea
12-09-2004, 08:02 AM
Thank you ladies for saving me $50, and future headaches! :)

tippy
12-11-2004, 12:44 AM
Ok.. I'm going to play devils advocate here. I actually started a thread a while back on why everyone loved this toy so much as I didn't think it was all that when I brought it home. That said...DS will be 2yrs old in January and has really warmed up to this toy. I don't think it is that loud at all. One of the original complaints I had is that the music/sound seems kind of muted and you can't make it louder. It is also one of the toys that kids gravetate towards when we have anyone over for a play date. Is there any way you can "test it out" with your dd? I do wish they would come out with more blocks that are compatible with this toy though. Also, I've seen it for way less than 50.00. I think I saw it for sale at KB toys??? Do a search on line before you drop 50 bucks if you are going to get it.
Teva
Mom to AJ born 1-8-03