PDA

View Full Version : Help! How to make my Kettler stop veering to the right?

lynettefrancois
12-13-2004, 11:39 PM
I looked at old threads but couldn't find anything. Took DD out last week when it arrived and she had a blast, but my arm got tired trying to constantly correct it. So we haven't been out with it since. :( When locked, it always goes a little to the right- is this normal? I've got an Air Jumbo with footrest and pushbar (don't know if that matters) and it veers slightly to the right when it should be going straight. Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it? Thanks!

August Mom
12-14-2004, 12:10 AM
We have this problem with a Happy, but I don't have a solution to it. I hope someone else does.

Java
12-14-2004, 01:24 PM
Weird, mine veers to the right too! Certainly keeps our dog on her feet. I have the Jumbo with foot-rest and pushbar.

It does get tiring but I figure I'm getting an arm work-out so I'm hoping to get some muscle tone there. ;)

On a totally unrelated topic, does your DD use the footrest? Kael doesn't rest his feet on there at all but it does prevent him from being Curious George and sticking his feet in the wheel.

kaitlinsmommy
12-14-2004, 07:04 PM
Ours veers to the left. I haven't fixed it yet but think I know how since I assembled it. If you push up the plastic molding that hides the screw that attaches the handlebar to the frame, you can loosen the screw & readjust the handlebar so that it's straight. Then tighten the screw again. HTH.

muskiesusan
12-15-2004, 09:19 AM
We had the same problem. I posted a copy of the response I got from Kettler in this thread.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=14601&mesg_id=14601&listing_type=search#15157

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01/01
& Alex 04/27/04

lynettefrancois
12-16-2004, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the link!!! I will have my DH look at it, since he assembled it. Sorry I hadn't responded before, I forgot about my root canal appointment thurs afternoon! :P

lynettefrancois
12-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Actually YES! She does use the footrest. Wasn't sure if she would or not when I ordered. Go figure...