PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the PBK train table???

cchavez
12-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

lmladuke
12-16-2004, 12:46 PM
I have it and I really like it. I really wanted a table that could be used later on down the line for something else. This table has a nice wood top - many tables like the Thomas one, do not actually have a top - rather they have jut a carboard mat that gets inserted. I was concerned that DS would try to sit on it and wanted soemthing that was sturdy. Also, you can use this table for other activities if you don't put the train on it.

The wood is nice and the drawers underneath hold alot. IMO you could use this table as a coffee table in a family room if you wanted. The one complaint I have, is that the drawers should have been a bit shorter on the ends, because sometimes when DS is kneeling down playing at the table, his knees bang up against the drawers and then they roll out the other end of the table (does that make sense)

I am really glad we opted to spend a bit more $$ for this table, as I think it will be used for years - even when the train is packed away. Also, I put the whole thing together and it is easy to assemble - although it is HEAVY.

Let me know if you have any other questions...

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050728/2/13/3/-5/.png

DCmommy
12-16-2004, 04:03 PM
We have the PBK activity table with the two trundle drawers underneath and we love it. We use it as a coffee table in our family room. We have the PBK train mat on top, but if we want to look grown-up, we just take the playmat off and *presto*, grown-up coffee table. The drawers have a ton of storage space -- we use one of them for DS's smaller Little People sets, and the other will be for trains after Santa comes. We sometimes have the same problem of his knees pushing the drawers out the back end, but it's not that big a deal to me -- he's usually pushing and pulling the drawers out to get things anyway, so I don't mind.

Because it's in our family room we were really looking for something a little bit more high quality that looked more like furniture, and this fit the bill perfectly. If you're looking for the same, I'd highly recommend this table.

Megan
Mommy to Patrick, 1/16/03

cchavez
12-16-2004, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the responses!

mommyj_2
12-18-2004, 02:45 PM
Getting to this late...We loved ours so much we just bought a second one to use upstairs. I love how the table looks--it's sturdy and has a really nice finish. Ours is the honey one. I did notice that the white one in the store had chips in the paint, so I'm guessing the stained ones will hold up better.

hcsl
12-20-2004, 11:35 AM
I just wanted to add that this table is SO heavy and SO sturdy. It came in three boxes- one for the table and one for each of the drawers. I thought it would be a pain to put together but it wasn't that bad. Like the pps, I also highly recommend this table. It is attractive and very well crafted.

lmintzer
12-20-2004, 11:48 AM
We have one and really like it. It's held up much better than our matching toy storage unit. For some reaosn, the finish on the train table and on our Carolina play table seems good, and the finish on the tall stacking cubbie-style storage unit chips like crazy.