PDA

View Full Version : Leap Frog Fridge Magnets Letter set UPDATE

rrosen
12-15-2004, 06:30 PM
DD just got these for Hanukkah last week. We opened them for the first time tonight. The problem is that the letters don't say the right thing. For example, G says J and X just makes a beeping sound. But, it does not seem to malfunction every time. Sometimes G says G! Has this been a problem for anyone else?

TIA

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with customer service and they could not have been nicer. It turns out this is a fairly common problem when the magnets are new or when they get dirty. To fix it, you take a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol and rub it across the pins that go along the bottom of the main piece. All of the pins need to go up and down easily. If one gets stuck in the down position it will read the letter wrong. Ours is working perfectly now!

Twin Mom
12-15-2004, 07:38 PM
I haven't had that problem or should I say I don't think I have because my kids tend to put the same letters in over and over so I don't think I've heard all of them. I did just go and put G and X in though and they work fine. Did you change the batteries? I think it comes with starter batteries so maybe that is the problem. If not, you should probably go exchange it.

egoldber
12-15-2004, 07:53 PM
We got one a few weeks ago and ours is fine. I would call their CS and see what they say.

whittyanne
12-15-2004, 09:10 PM
That's a funny malfunction! We have the Fridge Farm Set and it doesn't actually work the way it should (it's supposed to sing a song when they make a "match" and when he "matches" one of the animals it doesn't sing it.) Anyway, not a big deal for us - but I'd say hearing the wrong letter is! You should call their customer service...

jubilee
12-16-2004, 05:09 AM
Oh, you haven't heard? That's the new way- it teaches creative thinking instead of rigidness. G is sometimes "J" and sometimes it's "G" ! Really, you have to stop being so closeminded... :P
LOL

rrosen
12-16-2004, 08:44 AM
Ugh Julie! That is the second time this morning I have sprayed coffee on my keyboard from laughing so hard!

I will try not to be so closeminded in the future. Thank you for the feedback.;-)