PDA

View Full Version : What to buy for playing with an easel?

Mom2Miri
12-18-2004, 01:34 AM
DH fell in love with the Costco easel so we bought it for Xmas. I'm trying to make sure we have the accessories DD will need to play with it. Does anyone know if it comes with a roll of paper? If not, any suggestions on a good place to get some? And what are the best markers/chalk to use for the markerboard/chalkboards? I have a ton of Crayola washable markers....can I use those or am I better off with dry-erase markers? I haven't even looked into chalk - is there more than just plain old chalk?

Sorry for all the questions - it just dawned on me that we would need some accessories.

Thanks!
Helen & Mirielle 2/25/03

Tondi G
12-18-2004, 01:21 PM
DEFINETLY DO NOT use regular dry erase markers.... the washable markers work perfectly and they wipe clean with a baby wipe or two! As far as chalk goes.... chalk is chalk.... you can buy a couple of packs of Crayola colored chalk. Maybe buy some watercolors and brushes... I believe crayola has washable watercolors. You may also want to look for an apron or smock for her to wear when she is painting!

I don't know about that particular easel and the paper but you can also just buy large paper in sheets and clip it to the top!

Good Luck.... our DS got an easel last christmas and LOVES it!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01
and lil man #2 edd 5/5/05

new_mommy25
12-18-2004, 01:38 PM
I have seen the huge fat rolls of paper at Ikea for really cheap. I remember FAO Schwartz used to have the paper too but they are gone now :( Maybe TRU?

Mom2Miri
12-18-2004, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the ideas Tondi. Ack! How could I forget a smock? :)

Helen & Mirielle 2/25/03

Mom2Miri
12-18-2004, 06:31 PM
Would never have thought of IKEA...thanks Angie!

Helen & Mirielle 2/25/03

(edited for spelling)