PDA

View Full Version : Exesaucer height levels

kellyroo3
12-18-2004, 11:31 AM
I was wondering about my Exesaucer Mega's different height levels. My DS has always been a little long and at four months he was a little over 25 inches long. I know the info says to not let them be flat footed in the Exesaucer but he's already at the second level and the third level seems too tall. He would not even reach on his tiptoes. Does anyone have any experience on knowing when to move up the height levels? I tried placing a blanket in the seat but it just seem to bunch up and make him uncomfortable. Thanks for any help.

geochick
12-18-2004, 12:15 PM
I wouldn't let his feet dangle at the third level. Can you put a thin book under his feet so that he is at least touching something with his toes?

Tondi G
12-18-2004, 01:24 PM
we used a piece of foam under DS when he wasn't tall enough to reach. If he isn't pushing off really hard I might leave him at the 2nd level for a bit if he is dangling at level 3!

Good luck
~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01
and lil man #2 edd 5/5/05

Momof3Labs
12-18-2004, 02:06 PM
Evenflo says not to let them stand flat-footed in a saucer for safety reasons, but physical therapists will tell you not to let them stand on their tippy toes in a saucer for muscle development reasons! As long as he can't propel himself out of the saucer, I'd leave it on the second level for now. Colin was always very tall and didn't make it past the second level before he gave up the saucer at 8.5 months - I just kept him at the level where he was most comfortable.