PDA

View Full Version : can this be true-anyone know anything about Sasha dolls

lfp2n
12-18-2004, 02:05 PM
I feel a bit sick I was surfing around doll websites for some clothes for DDs doll and I found the doll that my sister sent DD from England (its a Sasha baby called Viktoria). I knew this doll was expensive but it retails for $150!!! I feel sick as I see its a collectors doll and I cut the original tag off the hand so DD could play with it, threw away the original tube thing it came in, and its clothes seem to be spread around other dolls. I wish she had said something so I could have put it away until DD was older and taken better care, I feel terrible now.

Lucy

egoldber
12-18-2004, 04:35 PM
Well, it does seem to be a collectors doll. But if your DD is enjoying it, thats all that matters right. :)

jbowman
12-18-2004, 08:13 PM
Hi Lucy,

I have a Sasha doll! I bought her when I was around 11 or 12 (about 22 years ago--eeekkk!!)--and mostly got her as a "display" doll if that makes sense. I recall that Sasha dolls were quite expensive at the time (around $70) and only sold in "boutique" toy stores. So I saved a lot of babysitting money to buy her, LOL! My doll isn't a baby doll, but a little girl (she looks like a more "modern" Madame Alexander doll, if that makes sense).

Now I'll have to figure out where I put her!

Don't beat yourself up over it--your DD is enjoying her doll, which is what is important. You can always buy another one for her to enjoy later.

lfp2n
12-19-2004, 01:49 PM
Thanks for your answers funny thing is DD doesn't really like this doll that much she prefers her soft bodied one (who is wearing Sasha-dolls clothes and shoes), which I find a bit surprising as the Sasha one has lovely thick hair instead of a bald plastic head.

Jill you better take care of your doll, I looked at these crazy websites where people buy and swap them and ones made before 1986 (when they stopped general production) are worth quite a bit of money!

Lucy DD 3/03

stillplayswithbarbies
12-22-2004, 02:27 PM
as a doll collector (see my user id) I can tell you to let her play with it and don't feel guilty! You will assuage the guilt of all the adult dollcollectors who look at our pretty dolls on the shelf, untouched and un-played-with and secretly wish that we could take them out and play all day.

shhh. sometimes we do.

I am getting Logan a Madame Alexander Victoria for her birthday and it will be for play, not for collecting.

If you think your daughter might be into doll collecting later, get another Sasha just like hers and put it up for her when she is older. Think how happy she will be someday when she is reminiscing about her beloved childhood doll and you bring it out of storage to give her a pristine version. :)

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

Kimberly H
12-22-2004, 04:59 PM
Karen, my sisters and I each received a Victoria for our first Christmas, except my youngest sister who was only 3 weeks old on her first Christmas. She got Baby Huggums that year and Victoria the next.

Thanks for the memories :)

stillplayswithbarbies
12-22-2004, 11:55 PM
Logan is getting Baby Huggums for Christmas. :)

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

JennSimm
12-23-2004, 09:36 AM
My mother has bought all 3 of my DD's really expensive dolls. I really didnt want them playing with them, but my mom insisted that they were to play with, not to just sit on a shelf useless! She said she didnt pay that kind of money for them to collect dust! I say dont worry and let your dd play!

Jenn

Mabster
12-24-2004, 01:16 AM
When I was younger my parents bought me two Madame Alexander baby dolls. They nearly died when they discovered that in the course of playing with them, I colored one dolls knees red with crayons so I could put Band-Aids on to fix her, and I gave the other one a haircut. They joke about it now, but I think they were pleased that I really played with those dolls when I was younger and derived a lot of pleasure out of them.