PDA

View Full Version : Aquadoodle accessories?

brubeck
12-21-2004, 07:42 PM
I read the post on the Aquadoodle and how it was so hard to find a couple of weeks ago. I had vaguely thought about getting one for DS but abandoned the idea when I read that.

Well yesterday was his birthday and his babysitter got him one. I have no idea where she found it but he loves it. The problem is that DD loves it too. She is tracing the letters and numbers around the outside and using it even more than DS. And there is only ONE pen included. So now of course I have to buy another pen. It's worth it though; they're having great fun and no mess!

So, are the accessories as hard to find as the mat? Anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

redhookmom
12-21-2004, 07:59 PM
I found ours at ToysRUs. There were plenty more there last night. There are also stamps you can buy.

egoldber
12-21-2004, 08:09 PM
Our TRU never has the Aquadoodle in stock, but Target has had them with no issues. But my Target does not carry the accessories at all. And my TRU has been sold out of the accessories every time I have looked for them.

Momof3Labs
12-21-2004, 08:27 PM
I saw extra pens and stamps at Wal-Mart, but since I couldn't find an Aquadoodle, I didn't buy them.

etwahl
12-21-2004, 08:28 PM
we broke down and bought one at target one night and already pulled it out. Well it's got those hard wrinkles in it (wrinkles drive me crazy) and was trying to figure out how to get them out. I assume ironing it, even on a low temp, would melt or ruin it?

Tammy,
mom to Lauren (March 2003)

lisams
12-21-2004, 10:44 PM
Could you lay some heavy books like dictionaries on the wrinkles? I'm sure they'll even out over time but I know what you mean about hating wrinkles!!

Lisa

mharling
12-21-2004, 11:49 PM
Helen -
An Amazon review recommends buying accessories here:
www.nuffsaidcollectibles.com

Don't know anything about the site, just passing along what I saw. :)

ETA: I just checked out the site and it looks quite pricey! :(

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little Miss - Due March 2!!

brubeck
12-22-2004, 10:31 AM
I did a search there for aquadoodle and aqua doodle and they said there were no items found. :(

mharling
12-22-2004, 02:51 PM
I found this page by clicking on the 'Aquadoodle' icons:
http://www.nuffsaidcollectibles.com/kidsStuff/aquadoodle.html

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little Miss - Due March 2!!

brubeck
12-22-2004, 05:18 PM
Thanks!

Now I see what you mean about the prices! I think I'll go check my local Targets and then if they're still out maybe I'll spring for this site. The combo pack of extra pens PLUS stamps isn't TOO unreasonable.

CherylT
12-23-2004, 04:44 PM
I'd check ebay before getting them from this site - I was able to get the extra pens and stamps via ebay for about $22 including shipping. I couldn't find them at any stores locally. Good luck!!

heidi_timms
12-26-2004, 03:39 PM
Helen,

We got our accessories at Walmart. They were about $4-5 each. I got DD the extra pens and the stamp set too and she loves both.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03