PDA

View Full Version : Gazillion Bubble Blowing Machine- Reviews needed

Jen841
12-22-2004, 08:36 AM
Does anyone have this? I looked all over for it this summer when I saw it on the Today show. I just remembered about it, and see that they are selling it at QVC. Just the machine (which was always out of stock) was $10 last summer so I think the price is right.

http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?nest=%2Fasp%2FIsItemNumberRedirect.as p&search=SQ&frames=y&referrer=QVC&txtDesc=bubbles&SearchClass=

I which I has this when I was sick with Bronchitis! Every day Jude begs to go to the basement to blow bubbles. I am tempted to buy one for his classroom too. The poor teachers must be ready to faint daily from blowing bubbles for the kids.

cchavez
12-22-2004, 12:54 PM
It's ok for the price. I think I paid 10 at Walmart. It does blow alot of bubbles but it seems kind of messy. I beleive that WM and Target have bubble blowing machines in their party section....they might be better quality. hth

Jen841
12-22-2004, 01:16 PM
Thank you! I will check the Walmart party section. I don't want to pay QVC shipping. Ironically I am 15 minutes from their location, but they don't allow pick-ups. The local store is out of stock.

supercalifragilous
12-23-2004, 04:09 PM
I haven't seen the machine IRL but I have the "refill" with the bubble wand in it - got mine at TRU. It's like your usual bubble wand but TONS of bubble holes on it so it's really fat. I always seem to drip more solution on my hands than blow bubbles so it gets messy - wish I had known about the machine!! But in the end, the solution drops down to the bottom "bubble hole" so that's primarily the one I blow on anyway.

You know what blows TONS Of bubbles at a time? The Gymboree bubble wand. The trick is to purse your lips a little so you have a more "controlled," low-velocity blow. And if you leave the solution sitting out for a while it will get thicker and blow more bubbles (last on the wand longer).