PDA

View Full Version : A rave for the Bumbo Seat! (with pic)

MeredithsMom
12-22-2004, 10:31 AM
Just thought I'd pop in to say my DD loves her new Bumbo seat (and she's a tough customer!). She laughs and laughs whenever we put her in it for a few minutes. We're hoping that it comes in handy as she outgrows her SnugRide but is not quite ready for highchairs in restaurants. We also can't wait to "wow" the in-laws at Christmas time. They'll think she's a genius for "sitting up" so early. LOL.

These are carried at BabyCenter now, and you can go through eBates for 6% off (+ free shipping if you're a BabyCenter Plus member). I believe that's the least expensive way to get it.

Thanks for reading and looking!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18768.jpg

Jennamax
12-23-2004, 10:09 AM
DS loved the Bumbo, too. We used it early with him because he had plagio, so we had to find ways to keep him upright and off the back of his head as much as possible. He loved this seat. I used to sit him in it in front of the Fisher Price Classical Chorus Gym, and he'd play the little piano and smile and laugh.

new_mommy25
12-23-2004, 01:42 PM
Cute!!! Your DD looks so happy.

winifredzb
12-24-2004, 12:58 PM
Cute picture! Our little girl was born 8/11 -- it's a small world! :)

I think I may have to get one of these. To other Mom's who have one: Do they outgrow these pretty quickly?

Thank You!

hwin708
12-25-2004, 01:39 AM
Yes, they do outgrow them pretty quickly.
Basically, it started being good at around 2 - 3 months, when DS could hold his head up but couldn't sit unsupported.
At around 6 months, I think, when he could sit on his own, he wanted no part of this seat.
It was really cute - and a neat way for baby to sit up and interact without constantly having to hold him up. But once he got more mobile, he found the seat very confining. Even if your child is more cooperative, I can't imagine it could fit them for much longer.

Pipersmamma
12-26-2004, 10:49 PM
I got the Bumbo for my now 3 month old a month ago. While it was sitting around and she was too young to use it, my 19 month old DD comandeered the seat. She loves it. Thinks it's the greatest thing to sit in to watch her DVDs and is upset now when I put the 3 month old in "her" seat. So can they use it after they know how to sit... YES!